The Graphing Calculator Guide | Difficulty: šŸŸŖ

What about cubics though?

Noice.

Desmos:

set f(x) to x^3-2x and set a to 0.7

It doesnā€™t matter, because the derivative of that point on the function will not be affected by the line.

1 Like

What if we made the desmos scientific calculatorā€¦

oh godā€¦

1 Like

Also 3b1b does say ā€œDonā€™t think of the derivative as a slope, because in multiple dimensions, the term ā€œslopeā€ doesnā€™t make much senseā€ or something.

Trig is probably possible, but radians or degrees (Iā€™m picking degrees, because even though radians are better, degrees are probably easier to make).

Is there a factorial option in gimkit or do we have to use recursion to create factorials?

Recursion.

remember gimkit is turing complete so we can do anything!
1 Like

radians, i remember doing that in find the little guys

1 Like

Mean and Standard Deviation are going to be annoying.

factorials are basically the amount of ways u can arrange a set of all numbers before a natural number right so like 5! = 120 because 5*4*3*2*1=120

1 Like

yeah permutations and combinations i think. the gamma function is crazy.

My mind be like: :exploding_head: :interrobang:

@Blackhole927 Can you go into more detail about the block code? I kind of feel like that part is too vague and thereā€™s not much of an explanation (though I get the general idea).

1 Like

Yeah, I will. Lemme finish school first

Great guide! Fun fact: During the time of the old forum, I went onto your graphing calculator.

4 Likes

That doesnā€™t sound this hard. Iā€™m going to (eventually) try to make a trigometric calculator.

2 Likes