Pseudo Trigger Properties

A new version has just come out! This activates and deactivates triggers to construct binary numbers. An active trigger represents the digit 1, and an unactive trigger represents a zero. Since counters are VERY hard to SET to a specific number, and items can be dropped, I am proud to say that we now have the first ever property level pseudo property!

Time for some pseudo property theory! Pseudo property theory states that we will encode data not in a property, but somewhere else, like a counter or item amount, or trigger activation and deactivation states. This will also use a pseudo counter property to store the amount of triggers there.

This is pretty complicated, so here we go! Put down as many triggers as you need. Make the first one receive on Value 1, and the second one on Value 2, the third one on Value 4, the fourth one on Value 8, and it will keep doubling. Now, make a counter that has a target value of the amount of triggers you have placed minus one. The default should be 0. Now, place down another trigger. I’ll call this trigger the main trigger. Wire each trigger to that trigger.

Why wires instead of channels, you ask? Its just easier to do. It also stops any interference from other systems.

Now, make two [insert desired scope here] number properties. One’s name should be “Current Value” with a default of 0, and the other should be named “Current Sum”. Make the counter update “Current Value”.

Now for the main trigger. Put this in the blocks:

Now make a trigger with a delay of .1 second. This is the broadcasting trigger. Wire all of the regular triggers to this one. In the blocks, make it broadcast to the counter from before. Next, make it broadcast on a channel. Use the convert to text block to make it broadcast on "Value " + get property “Current Value”.

Now, if the counter reaches the target, it should broadcast on “All Done”, Next, place a wire repeater. Wire the counter to the wire repeater. Next, wire the wire repeater to the counter. The setting should be the one to reset the counter.

Applications

This can be applied to whenever you’ve hit the property limit but not the memory limit. With just 2 properties, you can make Infinite properties! This can have implications in so many areas.

Also, this can breach a number property’s maximum number. With just 47 triggers (1.88% memory) and a bit, you can have a property that can handle numbers higher than just 1 * 10^14. This will be very useful for strings!

Let me know if there are any bugs in this!

Difficulty
0 voters
Sneak Peek of My Next Project

I’m currently working on making object oriented programming. This type of programming can make objects that are all of the same types but have different values for their characteristics.

We can have a building class that has a characteristic of height and one for number of rooms. Of, course, there can be more characteristics, but I’ll just have 2. So, we can have an apartment build with a height of 58 feet and has 100 rooms, and an office building, with a height of 100 feet and has 46 rooms.

Why am I doing this? This will allow for greater programming flexibility for games like chess and checkers. It could also help with animation.

This also might not be possible with only 128 property devices being able to be placed.

5 Likes

@Blackhole927 and @mysz. I think you’ll like this.

Looks like a useful guide for dealing with certain applications. I think this is a medium difficulty guide.

Wow, nice job, @getrithekd!

1 Like

Oh, this is cool!

1 Like

Thanks!

1 Like

Block burmp