On and Off Lasers (🟨)

This might already be a thing but the other guide people said didn’t work so I made a working guide.

First

Get these devices:
1 lifecycle
1 repeater
1 laser beam
1 property device
1 trigger

Second

Let’s set up the lifecycle.

Third

Now for the repeater.

Fouth

Now go to the trigger and set trigger when recieving> change
Go into the blocks and make this.

Fifth

Let’s make the property now.

Sixth

Laser beam time!
That’s all that matters for the laser beam!

Thanks for checking this guide out! Sorry if a lot of people already know this! Happy Gimkitting!

5 Likes

Great guide but you could also use a lifecycle connected to a repeater. The repeater is set to when receiving on channel and no channel is put. Then, have the repeater wired to the laser to deactivate it and have it wired to a wire repeater. Next, the wire repeater is wired to the laser to activate it.

I just feel this is simpler

sorry for my first comment i freaked out because i thought i didn’t include something but i did in the next step

i looked at that and people said it didn’t work…

look at the comments

It works but I forgot to add you have to connect the wire repeater to the repeater so it continues running. Most people think it doesn’t work because they forget to set the “Time To Run” to “Stop On Channel” and they forget to change the “Task Interval”.

ohhh, well people said that doesn’t work so i made a different more complicated way for nothing. oops

Its ok. Its still a great guide for people who feel comfortable (and want to learn) with blocks!

thanks, i would like that but im out

Nice scratch game btw.

did you play family tree of terror

yes I did. It’s good

The only game I’ve ever made on scratch isa Space Invaders inspired game. If you wanna play look in my description.

burmp

We seem to be deviating from the main topic. Kindly refrain from continuing this discussion.

That was over 4 months ago so I am afraid they left that conversation, but thank you for caring about the users of this site! We need more rule followers like you here!

1 Like

oh my god i didnt even notice haha!

1 Like

No problem! I’ve done the same thing!

how did you get the else block in the trigger?