More Inventory Item space, is it possible?

If you read the quotes… but it’s fine.

No, I’m talking about having more than 5 slots, and having different pages of an inventory.

This is talking about CHANGING a UI. I honestly don’t think it’s possible, but hey, nothing is gimpossible.

2 Likes

It might be. We just need a little bit of resources, some time, effort, and thinking.

Also, congrats on regular!

2 Likes

Thanks! I got it a week ago but I wasn’t really active during the break.

2 Likes

there was a guide on this it was a wiki that blizzy started and i got permission from her and i added my version of pseudo inventory in there (dont be surprised if my version is confusing i am trash at explaining) i’ll post a link to it if that helps

there we go

oh wait this is including the hud for that you would need modding to add an extra inv slot or maybe a combination of somethin

1 Like

No, it’s like having more items and saving it. So you can do it on the go, I see blizzy’s version, but it’s not exactly what Im looking for. I’m making it so you can move and like “change” your hotbar, but also save the last hotbar.

1 Like

Wait-- like multiple inventory item slots?
So you could change between what you need in certain instances?

1 Like

huh ok so on the go right? so you need to find a way to connect keybinding to pseudo inventory am I correct? seems possible I might experiment on it for a bit it might be like text order like that typewriter thing if I use that I might be able to put the switching of items in an order anyways almost time for me to go so i’ll experiment later

Yep. Except you use a game overlay to switch between 2 sets of slots, which in this case can be up to 10, so 10 items in ur inv on the go. Imagine that. Switchable with a game overlay.

Idea: You could have a property for all of the gadgets. I’m assuming the pages are screens on a pop-up. Then, we could have the pages scroll in order, saying the amount of the item you have. To switch to that gadget, we could clear inventory of all those gadgets, then grant plus one of the gadget selected (whichever call to action was pressed channels to a specific item granter). When you collect an item, it just adds one to that property. Basically what getrithekd said.
But for blackhole’s issue, don’t you just add on to the property? With the correct block code, we just use the properties in order, so it shouldn’t do that.
As for switching people’s inventory, I don’t think it will work if the swap. Since we are having to save how much items someone has, we can’t set a property to the other’s property, as then trying to go the other way wouldn’t work, we would have lost that data. The only way to avoid that would be for the swap to happen at the exact same time, and because of AUO this isn’t possible, I don’t think. Feel free to correct me.
However, I don’t know how you want the shards to work. Unless you are using infinite ammo, the shards would reset when the gadget is replaced, so it would just be a way to get free ammo when you run out. You could use properties to track the amount of shards, but that would be complicated. I might be wrong about it though, as I don’t use shards and most physical stuff often.
That’s all I have to say. Hope this helps!

2 Likes

Sleeping noises (no offense, lol.)

OH! yes.

That’s good. Yeah, it seems good. That could work!

2 Likes

Sorry if I pulled a Zypheir. Anyhow, I hope it does! (Also, none taken)

Clarity on what 'pulling a Zypheir' means

In the earlier days of the forum, one of the popular people was Zypheir. He was really smart, and I think did some coding on the side. Anyhow, he wasn’t super active, but they made a lot of useful stuff, such as concatenation. (Others helped, but I think he was the first one to post about it). Anyhow, when he was presented with a problem, he wouldn’t just give you a short answer. He would give really, long, detailed responses, which were wise, but annoying for those too lazy to read his comment. Anyhow, nowadays pulling a Zypheir means that you typed a really long response, just like he used to. Note: No insults to Zypheir were purposeful. I am quite fond of the way he responded, and I do it a little bit now myself, if you’ve noticed.

5 Likes

Is that a forum user?

I think I recognize his name, but, lol. He’s a older forum user, and he’s usually on older guides, so I haven’t really known him. But, thanks, no offense taken!

I made something kinda-ish like this, it displays your items on a popup. It could help with displaying the inventory.

1 Like

This… would be revolutionary.

Wouldn’t say revolutionary

but I would say this would be cool!

1 Like

Well, revolutionary if you want more spaces than 5!

3 Likes

hmmm,

use properties that store inventory info

just make sure there aren’t any item spawner, because we can’t track if someone picks that up