More Inventory Item space, is it possible?

Well, revolutionary if you want more spaces than 5!

3 Likes

hmmm,

use properties that store inventory info

just make sure there aren’t any item spawner, because we can’t track if someone picks that up

Also, items can be done with properties, but gadgets are really hard to re-make without using inventory space.

(Coorinate systems, animations for each coorinate, and a damage thing without psudeo health.)

2 Likes

I believe it might be possible if it was done with devices. You could use blocks and item granter/removers to (somehow) save and inventory and empty the player’s inventory so that when you go back to the device you could save you inventory and the device could give you the items you have saved.

making a system now its proving to be complicated so its more than just connecting the keybinding system to the pseudo inv so I’m redoing the entire pseudo inventory
[update Ive got a raw buggy system rn but I’m taking a mental break cuz its driving me insane ._.]

1 Like

DARN ITTTTTTT IM BEING LAZY AGAIN D:< I want to finish it but my nature of laziness is taking over again -_-
#keyboardrage
I’m gonna play magic the gathering at lunch if u need me

1 Like

Maybe a pseudo-inventory of up to X spaces, and you have an overlay that opens a menu that allows you to put items in and out.

1 Like

noice will test out later
should there be a guide of the complete system?

1 Like

Hmm, maybe. Most likely YES. This would be still a cool features.

so
when using gadgets they just refill when I switch

Hmmm… We might need to use custom key binds. If they didn’t click r and switched, just take away Nvm… yeah… that’s a problem.

First go to settings. Go to map options. Go to items, and select amount of item inventory.

… More than 5. Ok, I’m putting up the warning like wing wave now lol, by posting, you agree that you are knowing what your talking about.

1 Like

This would be great!
I want to edit the wiki to have <cello was here> at the end but I don’t want to get in trouble

sure, go for it. I don’t care lol.

2 Likes

so another thing
you can only put items in the “inventory” you have opened so overflow happens if you don’t switch and then pick it up
not the end of the world but not ideal

2 Likes

so this is just kits
saveable kits

1 Like

Ok, my thinking is using a Lifecycle → Relay → Checker (item greater than 0) and then connecting the Checker to a Counter-Linked property [1]. Have an Inventory Item Manager that updates a property (number property, but not a pseudo-truefalse property this time). Then, make a Game Overlay slide [2] You could also use this for a “bank” or “chest” feature in your game. If you’re thinking of using gadgets and trying to sh00t players by selecting them from a game overlay, that’s gonna be really tedious and hard because you’d have to make a lot of coordinate systems and sort the players from the shooter and the person getting shot at. Lots of players could also get kill3d in an area due to the zone’s AOE effect.

1. (number property, the counter is just a pseudo-truefalse property) ↩︎

2. by making the first call-to-action check the property linked with the gadget and check if it equals one. The second call to action will open the next popup linked to a gadget. ↩︎

pseudo inven could just be a popup doesn’t need 2 be that complicated

2 Likes

please try to be a bit more kind and sensitive to people.

2 Likes