More Inventory Item space, is it possible?

It could be a game overlay where you store the actual inventory inside a variable and swap out the hotbar with items set in a line of variables by using the overlay, the only problem is that you don’t know the item’s position or the ammo inside a weapon.

2 Likes

hmmm

my first idea was storing the ammo in a property. we know how much the gadget starts with, but we cant detect shoots. :frowning: or reloads

Screenshot 2024-04-12 7.28.40 AM
:skull:

3 Likes

You can detect shoots, sort of.

All you have to do is track the number of ammo before, because after every shot, it will go down one (is that how it works, cause I’m not 100% sure).

3 Likes

Sooooo…
Swapping inventories is possible with enough IIMs or properties to track them. Either you place an IIM for every device in the game, or you just change properties when the player receives the item (which is what I did in my game Can’t Count That High). Either way, it’s possible, but slow. As for getting more inventory space, you obviously can’t add more inventory slots, at least not without bug abusing, but you could use the answer select slot or something as a hotbar swapper. There it would just track 3 different inventories and give you the stuff from each one every time. Could work, but ammo would be an issue if it wasn’t infinite. Obviously you don’t want 6-30 item granters for ONE gadget, so that would have to be tracked.

@wingwave I don’t think you can track ammo that’s inside of a gadget, it’s only taken from your inventory when you reload.
@DXCTYPE you can totally sense reloads, what are you talking about? IIM checking when the ammo property changes. It just only works for 3 gadgets total (for the 3 types of ammo)

the problem is:

yeah, but we CAN detect the starting ammo, you just have to test EVERY gadget at every rarity (except for the quantum portal whichalways starts at 1 ammo no matter the rarity)

also,
Screenshot_20240412_202839_Chrome

1 Like

yeah that’s what i figured

that’s basically the same thing shdwy just said, so, yeah that’s what i figured

ill experiment with checkers more later

Doesn’t ammo go down after every reload? Can’t you check just that?

3 Likes

Just tested it, ammo doesn’t go down after each reload. Probably just a mandela effect from other BR games.

After each reload, or after each shot?

1 Like

OHHHH WAIT

i thought through this for a while (idk if someone alrdy said this)

turn of inf reloads.

then you need the ammo in your inventory

so we get a repeater. wait nvm a trigger (ima get shdwy angry if I use repeaters)

and a bunch of checkers

the first checker checks if greater than 0 ammo

and second checks if greater than 1

the third checks if greater than 2

and so on

After each reload. I shot a weapon and reloaded after, the shot only drained the ammo.

ima move on to item order…

im thinking just store that in a property / popup

In this case, couldn’t you link the shard to a property via an Inventory Item Manager and just use a trigger and some else-if statements to check for the property? I believe this could be used (if my system works) if the checkers take up more than 500 memory.

1 Like

Oh god no

IIM hooks up ammo to a property, when property changes send a signal

That’s so inefficient it hurts lmao

3 Likes

yeah ik

it was the first thing I thought of

not much refining went through

and also
a) wut is IIM
b) don’t say lmao

It is possible to have more item space. Go to the settings icon (bottom left corner) while in game. Then click map options. Then click items and on the top you can choose how many item slots.

they mean if we wanted more then 5

wich ppl (like me) want

1 Like

Oh sorry I was just trying to help.

1 Like

lmao technically isn’t a bad word since its abbreviated

1 Like