Let's Develop Technical Gimkit Notation!

The abbreviations should follow simple rules, so that anyone can figure them out without referring back to anything.

Ok, just to clear up some common potential problems I see people making, let me say something real quick.

The notation should not require consulting an external source to understand it. Those who know the general structure should be able to interpret it. That means no Google Sheets, no algorithm, nada.

Also, the letters we use for devices should be reasonably clear, aside from fundamental devices such as the trigger and counter.

I like post 118’s idea.

Let’s move away from figuring out nitty gritty details like device lettering, and start with the absolute basics. How are interactions structured?

6 Likes

This topic is temporarily closed for at least 4 hours due to a large number of community flags.

This topic was automatically opened after 2 days.

How about to save space, you just list the recieve channels/wires first, then the send channels/wires second? ALSO, we could could put block code in brackets.

Like this: Trigger (NavyCatZ, Shdwy) [get property (KingDDD)]

4 Likes

Maybe this could help.

1 Like

No, this is a different subject matter.

2 Likes

Well, there could potentially be some use in using device types and correlation. I dunno, I just brought it up because I thought it could be useful. It’d take some clever thinking though.

3 Likes

I think sudocode idk how to spell it is used to write code without actually making it??? Maybe use that to notate gimkit systems or something

12 Likes

What if its just an abbreviation for the device + the primary setting for the device (like a lifecycle set to “when player knocked out”)
Then its easier to use, and a LOT smaller then other ones

2 Likes

For device names, we don’t really need to shorten anything that isn’t a long same. For example, trigger is fine, but item inventory manager can be shortened to iim

3 Likes

No, but also channels and block code. Like a fast way to represent it.

4 Likes

Welcome to the forums, @Blueboat!

2 Likes

Welcome to the forums, @Blueboat!

3 Likes

You aren’t supposed to welcome them. In fact, they were here for some time already.

3 Likes

Sorry, I forgot. My bad.

1 Like

oh yeah ok right sorry

2 Likes

Welcome to the forums!

[also *psuedocode]

2 Likes

I’ve been on the forums since the creation first forum lol

5 Likes

yeah we know it was just an inside joek

4 Likes