It has to be possible - Melee Weapons

Yeah, saw this post and now I think you probably can make some juicy melee weapons. Not sure if this’s been answered though. Gimkit creative is pretty big, so I’d not be so surprised if you could make those. It could make my arena better.

2 Likes

Do note it is still wip (Work In Progress)
If you run out replies, edit one of your posts or your topic. Click the “…” on any post and click the :pencil2: icon

1 Like

If only we had damage modifiers or

negative health granters.

3 Likes

If I may ask - what in the geometry dash community is a damage modifier?

1 Like

It’s a device that may be added later. It modifiers/adds damage.

1 Like

Okay leaf man.
xxxxx

2 Likes

Read the first few posts. Josh (the creator of gimkit) answered what it can do.
The damage mod can multiply damage or detect damage (I think)
Also, because it’s a modifier device, I’m thinking it’ll be brown like the ko manager

1 Like

The leaf’s just a random doodle that I’ll have for only a week or so. Then, a new one. Now let’s talk melee weapons.

So far, tag zones with pseudo-health works. Is that all?

1 Like

I don’t have time to explain further, but this is possible using a click detector of some sort, (overlay button), a tag zone, and pseudo health.

Tag zone to detect if players are nearby, Pseudo health so that player health can be subtracted, and an overlay button to swing the melee weapon.

1 Like

yeah

1 Like

Actually, that doesn’t sound that bad! I might try this!

1 Like

The big flaw is having no way to animate the attack.

2 Likes

You could use coordinate systems and text being shown and hidden although it would be very very VERY tedious, but not really impossible.

2 Likes

That’s less important than actually doing the melee attack though.

4 Likes

I mean you could always make a coordinate system with zones, and each zone has a corresponding animated slash in it, and depending on which zone you’re in, that animation plays…
Although I don’t know how to do this

2 Likes

However, visual indicators of attack means that you can add blocking. Another thing, if the goal is to create a melee combat system, is sprinting is probably a good idea.

3 Likes

hello memory limit lol

3 Likes

Just pretend it’s mental damage or something. Lore fixes everything!

3 Likes

Making it not mental damage allows for a much more detailed combat system- things like blocking can be used.

1 Like

I wonder if, using the damage modifier that won the vote, you could set the damage to zero on a zapper to make the slash.

Yes I realize it hasn’t been added yet.

1 Like