I needed help with a Radiation system

I am making an Escape map where you have to get a keycard by going into an area that has a high amount of radiation and if you stay in there for too long you get knocked out. Can someone help me?

3 Likes

First of all, welcome! Sadly, you can’t do that unless you use low damage lasers. There is no negative health granted. Just use lasers that take 1 health away once you hit it. (nice pfp)

1 Like
1 Like

Also, you could do a zone linked to a repeater that does the task every one second and it repeats about 1000000000 times. Link it to a health granter or something and make it grant -1 health or something. You could also use lasers.

1 Like

you could use a counter system that respawns you after set amount of time

1 Like

Oh ok, that’s sad that I can’t do that but thanks for the help!

I thought you couldn’t do negative health granters. Is that changed?

You can use lasers, CaliforniaLove’s, or Coffee’s. They all work. And you could add to Coffee’s to make an interface for that like a notification.

2 Likes

Ok, I going to read CalifornliaLove’s First then test it out, thank you all so much!

1 Like

Hmmm, You could make a timer that starts when you get into the radiation zone and ends if you get out. But to knock the player out wire the counter to a respawn device. Target value reached (0) > respawn player. Make everything player scoped, and you can even display the amount of the time player has left using a property, block code, and an overlay.
(Guide for the timer:
How to make a colon-separated timer (Difficulty: 🟨))

ThatGim

Thanks!!!

3 Likes

That’s actually… genius!!

1 Like

That could work! And maybe I could make it so you get changed to spectator if you get knocked out!

1 Like

Yep, using a team switcher instead of respawn device, glad to help!

1 Like

Hello, welcome to the Gimkit Forums! As @th3_ca1tsune said though, it isn’t possible (yet) to do this. You can use the guides that @California_Love gave though, they’re very helpful. Remember to be respectful, and read the Guidelines even though they’re called FAQ…

2 Likes

Thanks, I also started to Read the TOS for the forums too.

1 Like

2 words. pseudo. health.

Pseudo health, what do you mean by pseudo health.

search up a guide on it and comeback i’ll explain how to do it with pseudo health once you fully understand it

1 Like

Will do Blackfox, Will do.

OWNER ETHAN(NOT HIS REAL NAME)!!! Hi! I also need help with radiation. (By the way, your Gimkit map is really good). I think that you could make a zone, and if you are in that zone it reduces your health.