I need to make a storm like in fortnite, but with barriers and laser pls help

i dont think so mantis

i just want them to take damage gradually like in fortnite is that possible

wait nvm just make 4 whoops

also is not having any zones possible

Welcome to the forums @TheMantisKing

Check out these guidelines!

Also check out Community Made Guides!

Welcome to the underground, how was the fall?

If you want a look around, give us a call.

We don’t see humans often.

We’re happy you just dropped in.

I’ll be so popular

When I show the monsters what I just brought in!

you forgot to link the guide lol
How to make a “moving” poison fog [:yellow_square:]

1 Like

i know i tried that guide but it did not suit my need about having the storm cuz i can’t have too many barriers i only have 15% left

ik i have not figured it out yet, but use that guide

this help topic also kinda helps idk

alright i will try it

hmm… are there any unessesary devices and props you have that could clear space?

no unforutnetly. i already did as much as i can

delete barriers, just make a bunch of lasers that are always on from game start

use channels and use the max size option in the barriers (channels use less memory)

make sure to cover the lasers and to mark where the storm is

the lasers take up more memory than what he has now -_- and u realize peeps could find loop holes in the lasers and exploit it and if they´re all active on game start it´ll make the game lag more and more depending on how much ¨a bunch¨ is

well then add a bunch of repeaters that turn them on and off

Im not to much into the code but like as a idea you could use circle barriers for the border and make the border/barrier activate at a certain time

that just adds more memory and lag use channels btw the loophole thing still stands

Get zones for all levels of the storm. Make a property that measures the amount of zones the player is in. If we know that, then we can tell if they are inside or outside the current limitation. For example, if we have 6 zones, and they are in 4, then they are in the one 2 outside the middle one. If the storm is the the 2nd last zone, then they are getting hit by the storm, and you can deduct health if you use pseudo-health or property health.

2 Likes