How to make custom gims for your thumbnail! (4/10 or 🟨)

First off, this is related to GKC (because yes… thumbnails are GKC related) Second off, this is my second guide so don’t hesitate to give feedback! Anyways with that out the way, lets get started!

Items you will need

For this tutorial you will need

• A graphic design program
  • Blank gim template
Setup

Go to your graphic design program (I will be using canva).
Next click custom size (or design button).

Then enter the size, 500x500 (or logo).

Next, download the blank template by right clicking (or double tap/two finger tap on Laptop) and selecting “Save Image as” and entering a file name.
Now head back to your graphic design program and import your image

That’s it for setup! Feel free to mess around with the size of the image.

Drawing

For this next step, you will need a color palette or a character to base it off of.
For this example, I’m going to base my gim off of Bluey (the australian kids show)
The first thing you need to do is color in the base of the gim, when your done it should look like this:
Screenshot 2024-04-14 1.16.47 PM
Next, add any details to the body (like bluey’s dots and eye circles)

After, add the eyes (if you can, use the Gimkit eyes)

Finally, if you character has ears or extra body parts you can add them now

And that’s it!

Closing notes

This is for moderators/Ludo Studios. This guide was made with the intent of helping users create a custom gim for their thumbnails for Gimkit Creative maps. I do understand that Bluey doesn’t belong to me. This guide was made under Section 107 of the Copyright Act of 1976: “Allowance is made for “fair use” for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, education, and research” . Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing.

16 Likes

I like how you explained the steps very clearly.
Nice guide! :+1:

Thanks! I kinda had to research abit on fair use

2 Likes
1 Like

This is AWESOME!!! I can finally make a good pfp…

2 Likes

Your welcome! (it took about a hour to make lol) it was also all hand drawn!! (my first time)

3 Likes

I used to try to make hand drawn gim outlines to make a gim but it never worked out so with a template it should be so much easier and now I don’t have to go asking around for thumbnails!

I am Learning how to draw so this is technically under education in terms of fair use but if it isn’t in any case I will take it down.

How is this?:
Untitled design (1)

5 Likes

Great job man, it looks great!

2 Likes

That’s good, who is it (what charater)

Pochita from Chainsaw Man (near-d3ath form)

Ohh, yea… It took me a second to recognize

1 Like

For me this is really good. For other people not so much. But I think that from this I can really improve. Also I think this is kinda off-topic so I’ma stop now…

this is one of my favorite guides so far ngl

2 Likes

this is very helpful for all the people asking for thumbnails at the moment since there is many on the main page

as a csm fan, I LOVE IT

1 Like

the eyes are creepign me out tho

1 Like

sorry. I’m not good at art… I kinda js followed a pic

1 Like

Thanks! this is very helpful :slight_smile:

I always just draw them without a template or anything…
but good 2nd guide : )

1 Like