How to make a working basketball game

Make a basketball court or make one like this

Making the court(optional if already have one skip to step 1)

Lay down the floor

Add walls add bleachers (i used hay stacks on top of each other with a color hue

Add hoops on each side(use flip prop on apearence) (and if you want an audience but with invisible barrier on top so they cannot shoot the players. (also put on very back of seat as i did

Use metal shelves with basketball on them and add table with sentry for a judge table

You can add other rooms if you want. like locker rooms, etc. (i will be making an expanded guide soon on full court building)
Add lines like on basketball court

Step 1 organization

Now add a button with these settings in front of the left basketball hoop

Now add a button with these settings in front of the right basketball hoop

Then add three triggers on each side like this

But have where they cannot be triggered when stepped on and are not visible in game.
Now set the trigger closest on each side to trigger when the button beside it transmits it’s channel.

Step 2 coding

Now go into the left side trigger beside the button and add this code

Then set the right side trigger next to the button to this block code

Then have one trigger on left side trigger on left miss and on on left make and the same on right side but with right miss and right make.
Then you add this block code for the two left and right triggers
Miss left trigger-
Make left trigger-

Miss right trigger-

Make right trigger-

Then you can add shots further away like the further and or the harder the shot the less chance and easier more chance.(maybe even the lines around rim like around the world).

Step 3 animation

use this guide but use it for each channel like if too far left use this guide (but without the button just using the channels like left make and left miss to direct the animation to look like it is supposed to.
How to animate a basketball being thrown Difficulty: 🟩

Extra ideas

You could use these mechanics (miss or make left or right) for a wii baseball game or a randomized animation so each game is different so random which team will win which player will do best, ect.

Other basketball related guides

How to animate a basketball being thrown Difficulty: 🟩
How to Make a Medieval Basketball Court
How to make basketball court (Difficulty 0/10 or ⬜ )
How to make a Basketball Court

5 Likes

Nice guide @Legobuilder!

2 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

Nice guide! You could improve the randomization with this guide:

3 Likes

Great guide!

2 Likes

Well one I am basic user so won’t be able to edit for long and two I’m budy to working on another guide.

1 Like

No, for this part:

3 Likes

I’m in school so not right now.

1 Like

I know. I’m not telling you to change it right away. You don’t even need to change it if you want.

edit: forgot the not lol

3 Likes

Great guide, @Legobuilder!

2 Likes

It sounds a bit like roulette or something

This is really cool @Legobuilder ! I love your profile picture as I actually have those two mini-figures! (I used to be obsessed with Legos, lol.

1. what is roulette?
  2. @BurgerKing i NEVER have stopped being obsessed with legos…and thanks!

So roulette is basically a gambling game in which a ball is dropped onto a revolving wheel with numbered compartments, the players betting on the number at which the ball will come to rest.

(I looked that up lol)

But I knew what it was.

Wow! This is a great guide, @Legobuilder !

Thanks…also it this the right tag for my guide…? Because it is not really art much…the only art part is optional anyways…

Should I take away the tag?

Honestly, its your choice…it does have art but it doesn’t really need the tag.

When did you have a truce with Blizzy? And also when did she eat BreathTaking??? He still has those York Chocolates that I wanted

Can you take it away I cannot edit it anymore…and very recent truce like not even an hour ago…though I think she is trying to lower my defenses…

Took it away.