How to make a timer when you press a "start" button [đźź©]

In this tutorial, I will be showing you how to make a timer, with a start button. (Of course)
This tutorial is easy, as shown above ^^^
Alright lets get into this.

Step 1. You’ll need 1 Counter, 1 Button, and 1 Repeater, or a end game device if you want to end the game.

1. Using @NavyCatZ’s method of Health regenerating, make that mechanism. Instead of using a health granter, use a counter.

2. Go to channels for the button and make a channel (I used BUTTON)

3. Go to the “Channels” tab for the repeater and “Start repeater when receiving on” and set it to the channel. (I used BUTTON)

4. Add a counter

5. Wire the repeater to the counter so that Repeater runs task → Decrement counter

OPTIONAL STEP:
Set the target value of the counter to 0. Wire (or channel) it to the end game device. Target value reached → End the game

HERE IS THE WIRING:

Hope you enjoyed!
BTW, I need someone to follow the exact instructions and see if it actually works. Please let me know in the chat below. Thanks!

FINAL PRODUCT:

CREDIT:

6 Likes

Cool guide!

2 Likes

Isn’t there already a guide on this?

5 Likes

Fine then. I will delete this. Sorry I copyright.

2 Likes

You don’t need to delete the content. Just add a link to Blizzy’s guide in there and then move it to devices.

3 Likes

Is it better now?

2 Likes

And then move it to devices.

1 Like

There are too many guides about this. And please don’t be that rude. I can see your deleted post.

3 Likes

Please sorry. I did Not know it was rude. Sorry. @Blizzy

1 Like

I my opinion this is very helpful, but I already know how to make one, but it is useful to more ways to make it.

3 Likes

Welcome to the community @ausk32111.

1 Like

That was 2 days ago. There’s no way that code is still active. Also, its only in one image, and its not even the whole code…just saying…

5 Likes

I’ve come and gone from that map like 6 times already.

2 Likes

I liked this, but you used the button and not the start. how to make it start when you hit the start button. again, great guide just fix that one thing.
download

1 Like

the button starts the countdown.

Wait what? First post is today yet they joined in August?

:smirk:

but I don’t want to press the button, I want to start the game and the time start

then switch the button with a lifecycle.
connect the channel to the repeater
sot thaat when event occurs, start repeater.

Welcome to the forums, @Pandapants2000 !