How to make a step tracker in Gimkit [🟨]

Here is a step-by-step guide on how you can make a step tracker in Gimkit.

First, place down a movement meter. Set Tracked Item to any item that you won’t use in the game, Set Drain Interval to the smallest option possible (which makes the tracker more accurate).
Next, place down a Starting inventory device. Set Item To Grant to the item you chose earlier, and set Granted Item Amount to as high as possible (the maximum is 999999999999999).
Next, place down a property. Name it “stepsState”. Set Propety Type to “Number”, Property Scope to “Player”.

Place down an Inventory Item Manager. Set Item to the item you chose earlier, Show Item Alerts to “No”.

Go to the properties tab, set Update Property to “Yes”, Property To Update to “stepsState” (the property earlier).

When you’re done, you should have something like this:

Place down another Property. This time, name it “steps”. Set Property Type to “Number”, Property Scope to “Player”.

Place down a lifecycle and a trigger. Wire the lifecycle to the trigger: Event occurs > Trigger.

Select the trigger. Set Visible In Game to “No”, set Trigger By Player Collision to “No”, set Max Triggers Scope to “No”. “When triggered, transmit on” set to “Steps”, “Trigger when receiving on” set to “Steps”.

Important: Set Trigger Delay to at least 0.1.

This way, the trigger will continuously trigger itself and track the steps more accurately.
Go to blocks > When triggered.
Follow this code:

Now the players steps will be tracked in a property. To make the value show up on screen, place down an Overlay. Go to Blocks > When receiving on channel. Name the channel “Overlay”.

Follow this code:

Now go back to the trigger block code and add the broadcast message block.

Final product:

This step tracker has a limit which depends on how you configure the movement meter. If you follow my configures, with my calculations, it can track continuously 794 years, 6 weeks, 4 days and 12 hours.

34 Likes

Nice guide!

4 Likes

How did you read so fast??

4 Likes

Nice guide! I was thinking of creating a limited steps battle royale before this too! Now I have an absolute method!

5 Likes

Nice guide! You should probably add a Difficulty. I would say a :green_square: or a :yellow_square: .

5 Likes

great guide, this is great!

3 Likes

@mysz are you not the king of mice or something anymore?

3 Likes

Who’s mysz? I’m a green fish.

4 Likes

Sorry there, my green fish suck sometimes.

2 Likes

Wow, green fish can do a lot.

3 Likes

I already read fast, I read a lot of books. I also have a good understanding of gimkit creative so I just scanned the guide to figure out what it was making.

5 Likes

Wow, nice guide, this is really creative!

3 Likes

I’m the only cheese now I guess.

1 Like

@EggNoodle Interesting guide! I love how simple yet useful this is!

1 Like

My friend used this guide today!

1 Like

Nice! What did he make with this mechanic?

1 Like

Isn’t he mysz’s alt?

1 Like

Update: I recauculated and this tracker can track continously about 794 years, 6 weeks, 4 days and 12 hours!

3 Likes

Technically, if you take the definitions of the ratings literally, it should be medium-hard, due to the utilization of blockcode, properties, channels, and trigger clocks.

1 Like