How to make a Jail in Gimkit Creative

Welcome to another tutorial! Today, I am going to show you how to make a Jail or Respawn Area in Gimkit Creative! Let’s get started.

Items needed:
Teamswitcher: 3
Text: 3
Property: 1
Spawn Pad: 3
Zone: 2
Button (Optional): 1
Repeater (Optional): 1
Counter (Optional): 1

First, build your jail. I recommend Dungeon Floor.
Next, place down your Spawn Pads with Zones on top of them. I would recommend 2 teams. If you have already built your map, simply place Zones on top of them!

Screenshot 2024-04-15 4.48.15 PM

Place down the Text you see in the image, too. Change the setting to “not be available on game start.”

Screenshot 2024-04-15 4.49.46 PM

Now, in the Text, go to Blocks.
→ On Wire Pulse…
Copy the following code.

Screenshot 2024-04-15 4.50.54 PM

Do the same with your other team(s), changing the value to your team’s number. This will tell the ‘server’ to switch you back to your original team after leaving the jail.
Next, place down Teamswitchers (Your number of teams +1)
Set all but one of your Teamswitcher’s team to be your game’s team. Also, set the “Switch to this team when on…” to "Switch to Team [Yourteam]

Screenshot 2024-04-15 4.53.28 PM

Repeat for the other team switchers except one.
Set the last Teamswitcher to “your max teams +1”
For instance, if you have 2 teams, set the Team to “Team 3”

Screenshot 2024-04-15 4.55.43 PM

Now, if you want, make a timer with Counters, or if you are making Capture The Flag when a teammate presses a button, you would instead use a button. Still, follow the tutorial.

Timer Tutorial

Place down a repeater and a counter. Set the repeater task interval to “1.0” Set the Stop Strategy to “After a number of repetitions.” Set the repetitions to the number of seconds you want them to stay in the jail.

Screenshot 2024-04-15 5.04.21 PM

Now, go to the counter. Set the Starting value to the same as the Repeater repetitions. Set the “Target Value” to “0”. I

Now, wire the Repeater to the Counter.

Done!

Now, place down a third text. Navigate to Blocks → On Wire Pulse.
Copy the following code

Screenshot 2024-04-15 5.10.01 PM

Add to it in the same pattern if you have more than 2 teams.
Now, wire the counter to the Text.

Lastly, you need a way to get them in jail! For this tutorial, I made a button you pressed to go to jail. I know it’s bad, just bear with me.
Now, wire the button to the Teamswitcher and the Counter/button.
Button Pressed → Switch Player To Team
Button Pressed → Start repeater

All done! If you have any Questions, Comments, Concerns, or it’s not working, let me know in the comments! Thanks!

3 Likes

no offence but there are alrdy 3 guides on this

maybe change to title 2 “The Jellian way to Make a Jail”

2 Likes

no comment

5 Likes

It’s a more complicated way to make a jail, as it switches you back to your original team. Thanks for the feedback!

Screenshot 2024-04-15 4.48.15 PM

wait since when was that a skin?

ive been with gkc since day one!

and checked the shop every Wednesday
proof:
Screenshot 2024-04-15 4.18.52 PM

Rate this guide!

• Total Ripoff of other guides
  • Not a good guide
  • Okay guide
  • Pretty good Guide
  • Perfect Guide! :slight_smile:
0 voters

pretty sure thats one of the season ticket skins.

1 Like

not good proof considering that can easily be taken from google
@JellyProductions can be improved is my answer

2 Likes

It’s a Season Ticket thing. Good deal, too! Only 5 bucks. Sorry to make you jealous… :grin:

1 Like

alr fine here
Screenshot 2024-04-15 4.22.28 PM

2 Likes

eh good enough
I’ve learned how easy photoshopping is though
@JellyProductions so some things that will help

1. near the end you kinda did less pics
  2. credits will help stop people telling you about the other guides
  3. add more variants and art
  4. you suggest terrain but then have the tutorial with a grass background which is weird
3 Likes

1: Thanks for the feedback! I’ll see where I can add images and add them where applicable
2: In my opinion, credits are for people who inspired/original author of the guide. In this scenario, it would not be necessary to credit the other posts, as I didn’t reference them.
3: Thanks for the feedback! Unfortunately, due to my lack of time, it would be impossible for me to add more variants. Sorry. :frowning:
4: The terrain is meant for the Jail itself, not the background.

Hope this helps settle arousing thoughts! :slight_smile: Again, I mean no disrespect to you.
Thanks, JellyProductions.