How to make a debug screen 🟦

Hello! This is a small guide on how to make debugging your games easier!

Materials:
X1: Popup
X1: Trigger
XHowever many you have: Properties

Lets get started!

Step 1: Place down a trigger, and tell it to transmit on channel “Debug” when triggered.

Step 2: Place down a popup, and tell it to open when receiving on channel “Debug”.

Step 3: Go into the popup’s blocks, and click “When receiving on channel…” and choose Debug.

Step 4: Set the header to be made with multiple diffrent properties in your game. (Note: there will be no spaces, so either add some, or make a property guide!)

Step 5: Results! When stepping on the trigger, the popup will open, and show the value of your properties!

Hope you enjoyed this short tutorial! As always, happy building!

What should this guide be rated?

• 0/5 (:blue_square:)
  • 1/5 (:green_square:)
  • 2/5 (:yellow_square:)
  • 3/5 (:orange_square:)
  • 4/5 (:red_square:)
  • 5/5 (:purple_square:)
  • 6/5 (:black_large_square:)

0 voters

5 Likes

Nice! I had something like this on my amongus map, except in the form of text boxes!

2 Likes

Really?

1 Like

Yeah. For whatever reason, the property was decreasing twice, so I made the text box to test out some theories. Turned out that getting hit by two lasers at once would decrement the property twice.

2 Likes

what is it do?

1 Like

It lets you directly see what your properties are, without using a clunky counter.

1 Like

why do I need to see my properties

1 Like

In case something went wrong, and you’re having trouble finding out where it is. You can easily check your properties and either find the issue or rule them out.

2 Likes

thanks, this is a great replacement for my rent glitch, you see, when it glitches the game ends so i know, but this is much better

1 Like

Great guide, @ClicClac @Beanine!

wut.

1 Like

wut.

1 Like

@mysz, are you going to use the mouse pfp?

1 Like

Let’s do a pfp swap.

1 Like

I’ll paste my image, you can paste your image.

1 Like

cake

2 Likes

2 Likes

Our pfps are the same and the chaos is immense

3 Likes

Bump

I bumped into a bug… fixed it with my debug screen.

2 Likes