How To Cut Wires (GROUNDBREAKING TECH)

I just found one of the weirdest concepts in the game, yet one of the most useful.

Wires were added with channels to help simplify the game for those who didn’t want to deal with channels. They are in a simplified format that makes it easy to see what’s happening on each side. However, they come with a few… extra features.

The one we will focus on today has currently not been figured out. If you do know why this is happening, please let me know! For now, let’s get into the idea.

So, the problem with wires is that they ALWAYS send. In the screenshot above, no matter the state of the rest of the game, if the trigger is triggered, the counter will be incremented. There’s no question.

Or is there?

I’ve found a way to invalidate that statement and CANCEL a wire’s signal.
Here’s an incredibly simple system. When the counter hits target value, it sends to a repeater, which sends back to reset it. Now, we’re going to set up a trigger to increment it every second.

Bam. We start it up, and the counter will go 0, 1, 2, 0, 1, 2… etc.

BUT NOW, we get to the exciting part. Let’s put out this system:

THIS IS LITERALLY JUST A RECURSIVE TRIGGER WITH 4 OUTPUTS. THE WIRE REPEATERS DO NOTHING.

This is the first official wire cutter in Gimkit, I’m glad to say. If we press this trigger just as the counter is about to switch to 0, it will IGNORE the reset signal, and go straight to 3, which it SHOULD NOT BE ABLE TO DO.

While I’m not sure what exactly is happening here, I know it has something to do with the maximum wire recursion rate of 350 per tick, and the wires pressed hitting that and invalidating the counter signal.

This is groundbreaking technology that can be used to revolutionize the world of technical Gimkit, so I hope you all use this well.

If you like technical Gimkit, please help the cause, enable us to find new things to experiment with, make new breakthroughs, and more! Thank you for your support and we hope to see you in some technical topics soon!

-shdwy

37 Likes

oooo yeah this is cool

6 Likes

Also, while making this, I discovered that triggers send their signal for a second. or something. idk

this is literally one of the most important discoveries in all of gimkit

@getrithekd thoughts?

5 Likes

That’s Very interesting.

4 Likes

I don’t understand why this happens. And I’m bad at working with things I don’t understand.

2 Likes

lmao ok then

Do you want me to try to clarify or do you not care lol

2 Likes

Basically, it’s that spamming channels breaks a wire, right? I don’t understand why.

2 Likes

What are the settings on the second trigger? The one with all the wire repeaters.

3 Likes

It’s just a oneloop instantaneous recurse.

edit: we really gotta figure out a better name than oneloop

2 Likes

What is one looping?

2 Likes

If I had to guess this happens because a device can only get one update every tick and the game knows that the next update will happen even though it hasn’t happened yet causing the device to ignore the other update. I would suspect that this same system would block any other non-recurring channel, although this is just a guess.

4 Likes

A single-device recursive system.

4 Likes

What is the other thing? I don’t remember the name lol. Duplicate recursion.

4 Likes

Couple things.

one, what do you mean by update?
two, ill test that.
three, it doesnt work for channel-side things, so i have reason to believe that it only cuts wires. the wires are in a different system than channels.

ok, i used 3000 signals firing at the same time. Channels don’t have the same capacity limit as wires, since it caused nothing but a minor amount of lag.

3 Likes

And no, it’s not. It’s that spamming WIRES breaks a wire. There is a wire signal limit every tick, if there even are ticks, and the recurse will run all the signals available before the other can do it

3 Likes

Ok. So the concept is that to limit lag, there is a max amount of wire pulses per tick and spamming wires crowds out the counter.

4 Likes

Presumably.

3 Likes

By update I mean either a wire or channel that that device receives. Since the channels didn’t work either I’m wrong out right or the devices are programed to be able to handle multiple channels in the same tick.

3 Likes

So it’s just recursion that runs to empty wire repeaters?

3 Likes

YOU’RE BACK!!! Its basically emptying the amount of pulses left in a tick.

3 Likes