How To Cut Wires (GROUNDBREAKING TECH)

YES! So the recursion runs into wire repeaters to increase the cap, correct?

3 Likes

It doesn’t increase any cap. Based on my understanding, there is a set cap of pulses per tick. The wire cutter crowds out the other wires so that the counter stops. shdwy says that he thinks that ticks might not exist though.

Also, in your bio, you said that you made a text based platformer. Nice job! I tried to, but it was just too boring and a bit too much text operations all at once.

3 Likes

What are the wire repeaters for?

3 Likes

To increase the number of wire pulses, I think.

3 Likes

Oh! The wires are the thing jamming it. The recursion is just powering it.

3 Likes

Man this is impressive and useful!

3 Likes

@Apoll02 You’re back!

3 Likes

For some reason, having 2 or more wires from the same source leads to a cap of 350 and, in turn, that cap allows the wire cap to be hit, meaning no new pulses can run.

About the ticks question, it seems that it’s just pulses per second that’s capped, so we probably should stip talking about ticks. Don’t think creative has 'em, honestly.

2 Likes

How could we test it?

2 Likes

Test what?

2 Likes

I think he means ticks vs pulses per second.

2 Likes

If ticks exist.

2 Likes

Honestly, I have no idea.

I haven’t seen any evidence that ticks would exist, so I really don’t think they’re around.
I’m often wrong though lol

3 Likes

What about channels being faster than wires?

2 Likes

What about it?

3 Likes

It means that we need an explanation for that and the only one I can come up with is that channels are direct and wires have tick checks.

4 Likes

Channels are… still being experimented on. They don’t seem to have the same cap as wires, but it’s also difficult to simulate the same situation as wires since a device can only send out on so many channels at once. Maybe blocks will work?

edit: it does seem like channels have a cap at 300…
multiple blocks sending on the same channel dont do anything and dupe recursion doesnt either

2 Likes

I replicated it. It looks like the limit might be 1,500 pulses a second. I have an idea to test ticks though.

4 Likes

Wait what? For channels?

How… did you do that?

2 Likes

I meant the wire cutter, but with a slightly modified design.

2 Likes