How to bypass creative device limits!

Here is a list of limits:

In this guide I will teach you how to “replace” limited devices.
NOTE: Most of these methods will cost more memory, so only use these if you run out. Also, some devices like the text can’t be replaced.
Lets get started!

Tag Zone

The tag zone can be replaced by turning off respawn and checking if the player is in a zone. Credit to @getrithekd for this

Repeater

Place down a trigger. The delay will be the Make it trigger on channel x. Now, make a true/false property called “repeater” with a default of true. In the blocks of the trigger, make it like this:

To stop the repeater, you need to set the “repeater” property to false. The delay will be the repeater run task delay.
To start the repeater you need to make sure repeater property is true and trigger the trigger.
If you just want the repeater to run forever, don’t do the blocks, make it so it broadcasts on the same channel the trigger is triggered on.

Properties

I don’t really know how, you could use pseudo properties like this guide does:
forum.creative.gimkit.com/t/getting-more-than-128-properties-pseudo-properties-difficulty-6-10/7038
I think you could make a counter a property, and change the counter when you need a property, but idk?

Laser

Save one of the 100 lasers and put it far away. Now put a teleporter in that laser. Now where the laser should be, put a zone, and make it narrow like the laser. Next put a barrier, set transparency to 100%, and turn collision’s off. Make sure to make it so the zone is wired to the teleporter. Player enters zone – teleport here.

Questioner

I don’t think this is possible yet, the only way would to build the questions and store them in properties.

Starting inventory

Place down a lifecycle and a relay. They should have default settings. Put a wire that says Event occurs–Trigger relay. Now connect the relay to an item granter. The item granter item will be the starting inventory item. Wire it so Relay Trigger – grant item.

End Game and respawn

You probably will only need one, but if you run out, place a trigger down, and a wire going from the trigger into any end game. Triggered - End Game. For respawn device, you could teleport someone to a room full of lasers instead.

Speed Modifier

I don’t think this is possible yet.

Item Spawner

Place a button and a item granter. Make a wire pressed from the button to the item granter. Button pressed- grant item. For the delay, put a wire repeater down, set the delay to item Spawner delay, and wire the button into the repeater, and make the repeater deactivate the button with a wire coming back.

Movement meter, Knockout manager, Health granter, text, Button, Item granter, game overlay

Text is possible with a TON of barriers, the rest are not possible

Popup

Make a block on the popup that triggers when receiving on that channel! Make it create text with what you want it to say, each time do that for the same pop up device, and bam over the limit with only 1 device. Credit to @Coral

Flag Capture zone

Make a wire from the flag going into a trigger. Flag Picked Up – Trigger. Make a true/false property called Flag picked up. In the blocks in the trigger, make this:

Now put down a zone, and wire it to a trigger. Player enters zone – trigger. In the trigger blocks should be like this:

Now make what happens when a player captures a flag receive on “flag captured”.

Camera view, Sentry

Again, I don’t think this is possible.

Barrier

Use a prop instead.

Counter

Make a number property called “counter”.

Walls

Use barriers or props

NOTE: When I say not possible, I mean that they are not possible yet. We can always be optimistic and hope it gets added in the future!
We are done! This is my first guide, so tell me what I could improve.
If you have a way to bypass something, feel free to add it in

10 Likes

Good job, @potato1 !! Try to add more photos, or list examples.

4 Likes

You could use an item spawner for giving items and as a generator for an idle game. However if you want to grant an item after you click a button or something item granter is king. Counters use less memory than blocks which cost 500 memory for each block.

5 Likes

The tag zone can be replaced by turning off respawn and checking if the player is in a zone.

5 Likes

What do you mean, “list examples”?

1 Like

Photos

1 Like

Get not-impossibled.

You can use triggers for zones as they don’t have a limit and maybe a cannon for a sentry that shoots a basketball and when the prop shows it explodes and destroys everything in it’s area (respawn device)
Use this guide

5 Likes

Nice job! I suggest you add the work “devices” somewhere in your title so it’s easier to understand.

5 Likes

Hey, maybe not now, but could I edit this? I found a better way for the popup, and it looks like a popup as well!

Aw, too bad this guide isn’t a wiki. That would help.

Oh I didn’t see that, could I write the section and maybe @potato1 could add it?

Yeah, you could probably do that. @potato1, just make sure to credit Coral for this!

But you do. Now let’s get back on-topic.

Ok, here I go, @potato1 poease listen! Ok, so basically, this is more of you can have 200+ popups with only 1 device. This is useful for dialogue, basically, think what causes to make the pop up open, make a block on the popup that triggers when receiving on that channel! Make it create text with what you want it to say, each time do that for the same pop up device, and bam over the limit with only 1 device. Literally

2 Likes

sure! How do I let you edit?

I think you have to! Just copy and paste my text into the pop up area, and credit me!

done!

I ran out of daily likes again

Thx! appreciate it

it only works with letters

@WolfTechnology can you turn this into a wiki?

3 Likes