How do you make a passcode?

Is it possible to have a passcode like a name or a number to open a barrier?

Or

1 Like

I tried to do both of those things but im still confused.

I have that problem too.

1 Like

I mean like how to make a passcode.

I used that mechanic in one of my own games, @Alex_x. Give me a second and Iā€™ll find a screenshot.

1. Use the buttons to increase and decrease each individual value.
  2. Set each counter to update a property (one digit of the code per property).
  3. Use a checker device w/ [as many conditions as you have digits in your code] to check that the values of each property is the digit of the code you need. If all the conditions are met, use channels or wires to unlock a barrier.

Does that solve your problem? Also, should I make a guide about this?

1 Like

you can use this I did this in like 2-3 hours
https://forum.creative.gimkit.com/t/password-protected-door/30948/8

1 Like

Thank you, but I donā€™t quite understand how to do each step? Could you explain this in more detail?

1 Like

Oh, thank you! I will surely check that out.

2 Likes

It may take a little more time than you think and you may need to use a little much memory. (Depending on how many digits your password is)

1 Like

Iā€™m not worried about the memory itā€™s at 2% rn so I think Iā€™m fine.

2 Likes

Iā€™m not really sure how to explain it in more detail, srry. Good luck figuring it out!

Also, nice new pfp! :smile_cat: :joy_cat:

1 Like

Thank you for noticing!

1 Like

@Alex_x
Wow, so you used what I gave you! Thank you, I hope you liked it.
By the way, can I ask what exactly you will use this for?

2 Likes

No problem.

Sure! I needed it to make a passcode for my first gimkit murder mystery game and i have a bookshelf that I wanted to have a passcode for! I did like it and its very useful. I will defiantly use it again.

2 Likes

But it only took me 15 minuets to make it for me lol. :grin:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.