How do I unlock certain areas in my Gimkit creative world depending on how many players are in the game

So, I have a One Way Out type game with a final boss. I had an idea where you were given a certain amount of items that help you beat the boss depending on how many players were playing. For example, if there is 1 player in the game then when you fight the boss you are given a much better gun and more health, but if there are 2 players or more, each player would get a slightly better gun and a bit more health. This is so solo players and co-op players don’t have an advantage over each other.

1 Like

Welcome to the forums @123123123123! Whew! Long name!
Here are some guides that might help:

1 Like

Make a player counter
Lifecycle (game start) → relay → counter
Make the counter update a property “player count”
Then a trigger in the blocks, do this

Set [upgrade num] to { get property (player count)
If { (upgrade num) = 1
Do { Broadcast Message On Channel "1 player setup"
Else if { (upgrade num) = 2
Do { Broadcast Message On channel "2 player setup"

Repeat this as many times as you want
And make systems to give them weapons and stuff
When receiving on #* setup
*number

1 Like

I have no clue what any of this means, but I already followed a guide on how to make a live player counter and I was able to get that to work. The problem I am having is that I can’t seem to figure out how to use the player counter to open and close off areas (I am using barriers that are activated and deactivated to block certain areas).

Welcome to the community @123123123123!
Make sure to read the FAQ and TOS! But it looks like @Cellofive and @THEHACKER120 have this covered so i will leave this to them.

I also have no idea how to use blocks. :frowning:

orum.creative.gimkit.com/t/essence-of-block-code-an-introduction-to-the-interface/8971

3 Likes

Now I kinda know, but I still don’t know how to fix my problem.

nice name bro, nice name

my brother is inactive so i will cover this.

WELCOME NEW STUDENT!

my brother wil welcom you when he is active

I kinda fixed the problem, but now whenever a player leaves some areas are still unlocked.
For example: 2 players play - 2 player area is opened and all other areas are closed - 1 player leaves - 2 player area doesn’t close and 1 player area doesn’t open.

what? who is your brother? (Use forum user name please)

@Caternaught is

2 Likes

Makes a lot of sense, i should have known.

sorry, my brother is @Caternaught or the best welcomer (in my opinion) on the forums!

yep

whats that supposed to mean?

you beleive this?

the galaxy cat pfp, and the use of wording is very similar.

1 Like

well he writes each new user a completely unique welcome post, so sort of. Plus I’ve been around for a long time and no one else does that.

1 Like