Extreme Coding Required (Maybe)

Use this guide:

1 Like

you can’t tell the user what the answer is when they can choose

But everyone is saying the same thing. So might as well refer to the OG post.

We dont need to just know how to get ONLY the bush you are in.
It needs to be the ones around it as well.

As @SlimArtist20375 said the idea so far is each bush has a zone
when you enter zone it sets a property so a unique number for that zone only
a checker picks up the number
depending on what the number is the bushes and bush the player is in go semi transparent.

All the answers are either for one bush or completely irrelevant.
Edit: there are a lot repeating stuff already said (I consider repetitions irrelevant since they dont add anything, thats just my logic though, other people think differently)

1 Like

So we just add lots of wires. From zone to other bushes. And above their are posts relevant to this.

Use pseudo zones

1 Like

Wait, hold on. How does your aoe work for your character @Kosm0-o? Can’t we use that for each bush, but transmit on a channel to see through the bushes?

I sort-of understand it. If no one knows what I’m talking about, see this:

1 Like

The AOE finds the distance between 2 players and if they are in range, the player using the ability deals damage.

1 Like

Oh, I thought it worked differently

nvm then

1 Like

I still think Fulcrum_19 and the others have the solution. To see surrounding bushes it would take lots of labor…
Also, I think you might be on to something.

2 Likes

I think it’s possible to utilize the AOE system but when I was typing it out I realized you will need to use multiple wires anyway so it’s not worth it.
(if you’re still online mind posting a live game in the padlet?)
edit: @SlimArtist20375, I was thinking too small. Technically you can utilize the AOE system. I will keep on thinking…

1 Like

I found a possible solution in the right direction! I made a trigger that triggers when the X or Y changes. This is the code:
This is one of the barriers:
So this happens, but it’s one at a time. All you have to do is set where the barrier is.
Note: I used concrete to find the X and Y of the two barriers.

I don’t know if this is very helpful, but maybe Drawing Board by Kei?

I don’t know if I made this clear or not, but I need help with what I am going to try and do next. I also am going to try and do it for each square, I need to add to my code to hide the barriers beside me.

Not saying it was anyone’s fault :upside_down_face:

If you are totally confused, I abandoned my original system because I found a way to do it with each square that saves a LOT of memory then doing it by wires and zones. I had the idea last night, but I couldn’t do it until this morning.

1 Like

I still don’t understand the problem: is it about trying to hide the bushes around the player?

Yes, but I want to use a memory-saving way. I found a way to create text with on the channel. That way, it is never the same, and if I get the bushes correctly in the right spot, it will automatically hide them without zones or wires. But it only workd per square, so that’s why I went to this, this morning.

I don’t know how to explain it better.

Using the tamian coordinate system?

No, I winged it :smiley:

1 Like

Ok. I would say using my system would be easier, but seeing everything in the area a coordinate system would be better. Idk how to make the coordinate system though. Anyway school’s starting so bye.

1 Like

Ok, I will try and explain my CURRENT system better.

Pretend the GREEN square is where a player is currently standing. If they stand on the RED square, the X-Pos changes and activates the trigger. The trigger runs the code to transmit on channel to X=3 Y=3, so transmit on channel: [33]. The barrier that has [33] to disappear, will disappear. It repeats for each change.

1 Like