[Discarded by OP - see topic ID 2732/12]

If You See It, Flag It
This forum is not for chatting. It is for getting support. You should not post replies if they do not contribute to the question. If you see anything off-topic, flag it. If it is vague, let it be, but please tell them they need more information

Examples

Things not to do:

• posting just for the sake of posting
  • posting if it is unrelated to the post
  • posting short replies
  • use likes instead of posting “+1” or nice topic.

I notice that the forum is more than 50% off-topic posts. If you notice anything wrong, flag it.

Vague Posts

These are posts with not enough information. You should provide as much information as you can on a post. Not doing so will consume time for others.

Example:

You should instead post like this:

Hello. I followed the Progressive Gadget Upgrades [🟧] guide and found that it is not working. I don’t understand what is not working, and I have read the guide several times. Thanks.

continues figuring out the issue through rereading of guide

Necroposting

If a topic is already solved, but not marked as solved, don’t post in it since it bumps the discussion and it is unnecessary.

Duplicate topics

Avoid duplicate topics, as for one, you are not going to get help faster, and for two, the forum needs to be kept clean

Things to include when getting support

• What is wrong with whatever you were doing?
  • Steps you have done so far
  • What your mechanism is

Other Things to Note

• Please be polite when in a discussion
  • Use the right tags
  • Avoid short posts and replies
  • Flag posts that don’t follow the forum guidelines, this will help staff members see that the person is creating a problem with others

also read:
https://forum.creative.gimkit.com/faq and the topics I have cross-posted with

3 Likes

Very good guide, I think you should make this a [:mega: PSA!] (i don’t know what the megaphone is called). No hate towards @GimkitAdmin right, it was all for demonstration. I agree that we need to stop off topic posting especially as school is about to start for many.

Nice! I would also like to add on with this guide, as it can help with avoiding so many questions on a topic that could lead to off topic stuff. Also, I know you used some actual examples, but I recommend you make fake scenarios or blur the names and pfps since having users on there can attract unwanted conflicts.

Yeah I really don’t want y’all blowing up my phone and laptop lol!

?

Nvm

No codes here!
Please delete the post.

no j0in codes here!

I’m boreddd

then go on wix

Oh sorry IM NEW!

1 Like

Are you on there?

no

Ok.

1 Like

wix is 4 code posting and what-not

Yeah I know.

Please don’t off topic post here. It’s literally a post about how you shouldn’t off topic post lol. Delete that code post btw @GimkitAdmin

From the FAQ:

Keep It Tidy

Make the effort to put things in the right place, so that we can spend more time discussing and less cleaning up. So:

• Don’t start a topic in the wrong category; please read the category definitions.
  • Don’t cross-post the same thing in multiple topics.
  • Don’t post no-content replies.
  • Don’t divert a topic by changing it midstream.
  • Don’t sign your posts — every post has your profile information attached to it.

(Yes, it is the default, but keep the forum clean)

1 Like

Be Agreeable, Even When You Disagree

You may wish to respond by disagreeing. That’s fine. But remember to criticize ideas, not people. Please avoid:

• Name-calling
  • Ad hominem attacks
  • Responding to a post’s tone instead of its actual content
  • Knee-jerk contradiction

Instead, provide thoughtful insights that improve the conversation.

Both of you, don’t start an argument please. GimkitAdmin, disagreeing is okay but asking more nicely is helpful to avoid these things. 4shapes, I know they might not be very agreeable but putting images of another user is probably not allowed nonetheless. If you want to argue further, go somewhere else other than this forum or contact the mods.

3 Likes