3D Viewpoints in GKC

It’s not really too groundbreaking, it’s just a term I used in this guide, basically turning a property value into a variable in block code, editing it, and then taking it back out to turn into a property again, whether it be the same one or a different one.

1 Like

Oh- so literally just using variables haha

Basically. But just a mainstream term to use for new block-code users.

New gims generally get confused by all these terms.

trigonometry - Easy way of memorizing values of sine, cosine ...

So, what about the display? How are we going to actually show the player this stuff?

I presume a color box emoji pixel system, but I want to see what you guys had in mind

Also, please ping me whenever you want for this stuff. I said in a earlier help post I wanted to move from art to technical gimkit, and I’d love to get involved with the technical side.

Technical Gimkit

An emoji display I think is the best choice.
I’m not quite sure on how to display the result though, since I only thought through rendering 3D.

2 Likes

Technical gimkit is more about the quirks of gimkit’s code, not anything that seems hard. Also, I’m thinking about making a screen bigger than the player’s screen, so then the player can look around without dragging their mouse.

1 Like

Finished making a point renderer (without much as for methods to rotate/move camera view)

Wait, didn’t someone make a click detection guide? I think it was rithekd, but can we implement that somehow to look around? Or would it still be better to use the mouse to look around.

Although it doesn’t really look 3D yet

1 Like

It renders onto a display? Or does it just convert 3D points to 2D?

:0
What’s the memory/blocks used?

Ohh… I can see the 3d now. That’s actually really cool!

I hope you guys can figure this out soon, and the best of luck. When you guys solve this, I can’t wait to use in my game!

Memory is 12 (but it’s just one point)

Multiple points will be much harder and much more memory consuming.

1 Like

12? 12k or what?

Or 12 blocks?

12%

Also the point is kinda moving strangely (but top right corner is the coordinates and they look fine)

Time to add 3 more points!!

2 Likes

Is it one text device? How are you changing what is displayed?

I use 9 different ones because a new line isn’t considered a character and I can’t use them in blocks.

1 Like