3D Viewpoints in GKC

Have you gotten the points added yet?

1 Like

Kinda, yeah.

@Blackhole927 not quite…There is a small issue with some sort of flickering where any points besides the first flicker between a white emoji and the point, which I’m currently troubleshooting.

Edit: Okay I think I found out why (it was recursion)

2 Likes

Wow, so much happened while I was gone!
Edit - Noooo, I can’t edit this anymore!

2 Likes

@Anonymous, how’s the renderer going?

Uhhh…

Some issues have been encountered.

1 Like

im in 8th grade, and none of that made sense. :sweat_smile:

Are you taking Geometry?

1 Like

… i’m still in pre-algebra, and we haven’t gone over sin, or any of that. so no,. not in geometry.

The pain of debugging…
You’re trying to get a rotating square/cube down right?

Well, uh, I’d have to explain a LOT of stuff, but basically, here’s a very basic, and not too useful idea of the stuff:

Sine (abbreviated as sin): The ratio of the opposite side of an angle θ in a right triangle to its hypotenuse (longest leg/side).

Cosine (abbreviated as cos): The ratio of the adjacent (non-opposite or hypotenuse) side of an angle θ in a right triangle to its hypotenuse.

Tangent (abbreviated as tan): The ratio of the sine of θ over the cosine of θ or the ratio of the opposite and adjacent side of an angle θ in a right triangle to its hypotenuse.

Cotangent (abbreviated as cot): 1 divided by the tangent of an angle θ or the ratio of the adjacent and opposite side of an angle θ in a right triangle.

Secant (abbreviated as sec): 1 divided by the cosine of an angle θ or the ratio of the hypotenuse and adjacent side of an angle θ in a right triangle.

Cosecant (abbreviated as csc): 1 divided by the sine of an angle θ or the ratio of the hypotenuse and opposite side of an angle θ in a right triangle.

And then that’s it for the normal stuff. There’s a ton of other stuff, but I’m tired. Keep in mind these functions work in non-right triangles but in weird ways. A mnemonic device for these ratios is sohcahtoa (sine opposite hypotenuse cosine adjacent hypotenuse tangent opposite adjacent). Yeah.

1 Like

This might help:

I’ve never been good with ratios but I think I understand.

Yep, a square.

For some reason it’s a huge pain.

I might give it a shot honestly. Is it really that bad?

I mean, the only issue is that weird things keep happening that I can’t figure out.

… I think so…

Oh ok, thats just the standard gimkit coding experience then lol
(definitly not experiecing an issue on my secret project like this, painnnnnnnnnnnnnn)

Yep. Also a lot is probably human error (you do not want to see my blocks now)

Here are some degree values using the king and queen triangles! Keep in mind that radians are totally cooler and so much better (except maybe in physics problems), but let’s use degrees for now.

Sin(30°): 1/2
Cos(30°): The square root of 3 divided by 2
Tan(30°): 1 divided by the square root of 3.

Sin(45°): 1 divided by the square root of 2
Cos(45°): 1 divided by the square root of 2
Tan(45°): 1 (See how since the sine of 45 degrees and the cosine of 45 degrees are the same, the tangent (the ratio) is one?)

Okay that’s all I can do for now.

Clocking in for tonight ig.

Almost there! I think I’m gonna switch to recursion to make things easier.

1 Like