3D Viewpoints in GKC

Oooooooh.

That looks really interesting. Can someone fill me in? I’ve had a lot of schoolwork, so I had to cut down on forums time.

3 Likes

We’re figuring out how to 3D render things.
And also a small discussion on how to use the cursor to change player pov

2 Likes

75 block limit is p a i n.

I think you’ll be able to add up to 41 points, with 30 memory (not percentage) for each subsequent one in my setup (this is after the first point that takes up much more memory).

It’ll just be very laggy.

1 Like

Alternate title How to get a migrane

3 Likes

So true (I’m speaking for a lot of people!)

yep. he is.

It’s the buggiest thing ever but it kinda works:

There are still so many issues…

4 Likes

Is it rotating a plane around the origin?

1 Like

This is a amazing theory this could help for my 2D mixed 3D game, it would help with one of the scenes I wanted to make even though it’s untested I think it will work.

It’s rotating 4 points that are in the shape of a square (lines and planes are going to be even harder) at (5, 5, 5) (-5, 5, 5) (-5, -5, 5) (5, -5, 5). This is in the format (x, y, z), or, in my project, (y, z, x). My crazy self mixed up the coordinates.

Aaand the up and down rotations aren’t done.
Movement should probably be done.
Also, to rotate/move the points (or more accurately, the camera view), I use JSN.

Probably should’ve explained what JSN is. It stands for Joystick Style Navigation and I coined the term in my menu guide.

Is AP CSA worth it? Enrollment cards just came out and I was wondering whether I should take AP CSA or AP CSP.

2 Likes

My brain is dying from the compliacted x y z cords.even though I know that x is the horizontal plane and y is the vertical plane, and that z is ( i think) like the direction your pointing. oh never mind aparently, (according to google) is the height or elevation.

I mean I use x as the direction you’re pointing, y as the horizontal plane, and z as the vertical plane.

From what I know apparently z is the direction you’re pointing, x is the horizontal plane, and y is the vertical plane.

yeah x is horizontal, y vertical, and if anyone has played minecraft and used f3, Z is the direction you are pointing.

Oh yea my system uses a weak projection system (see here).

I will read that cause I like to learn :smiley:

Hmmm… interesting.
Line drawing will be a pain… I don’t even know how to being with that.
I should probably start work on a 3D render honestly- I could use a break from my other project.

As for if AP CSA/CSP is worth it… I have no idea haha
I’m taking AP CSP right now, and so far I haven’t learned anything new. I don’t know anything about AP CSA.

It’s just a check. We add lines that are drawn will be added ti a list and we do a nested for loop to check all the points with each line.

AP CSA is a joke lol.

Yes, but the issue is that

A. It’s gonna take a lot of recursion or something
B. I don’t know how to do it with my setup
C. It’s probably going to be too laggy to be functional

Wish I could share the map, I’m never gonna be able to find the problems at this rate…

I mean, I never really got into script coding (I hate syntax). This year is the first year I really did anything script related, but uhhh… What’s that supposed to mean? Does that mean I should choose AP CSP over CSA?

Yeah, the recursion is poopoo. We could maybe store each line in a text property.

Summary

You should probably choose AP CSA since it’s supposed to be harder than AP CSP. I have taken csp though.

Ok…

It’s mostly done, although there’s still the irritating issue of dots sometimes appearing in seemingly random spots when they aren’t supposed to.

I’m going to put the share link in my profile.

2 Likes