What are these jumps called? Vote on post 121

Maybe the jumps just shouldn’t have names, then?

1 Like

I think its called ladder jumps. When I first heard of this topic I looked up all the jumps people thought it was. I thought ladder jumps most resembled it (if you turn it side ways) but now that @Txme_Lxss says its mountain climbers I think he may be right…

Image of ladder jumps (not my image)

1 Like

But it’s good to classify things, and to be honest, headhitter isn’t that good of a name either, but it’s better than names like “Vertical Neo” and “Ladder Jump”. And of course you can’t call the jump “Jump out of the under-platform and then turn back onto the uppoer-obstacle Jumps” because that’s too long. But maybe if we brainstorm hard enough we can think of a name everyone can just agree on.

5 Likes

Yes, but you shouldn’t have to turn it sideways for it to work (i know we can make the term Sideways Ladder Jump too but whatever)

2 Likes

@mysz I guess that’s true. No offense but “Sideways Ladder jump” just sounds weird. I also agree that there are faults in all the names people have come up with so far

3 Likes

this topic has gone crazy bro I cant even understand what’s going on

my opinion on my drawing

wahh what is that its Soo bad, my mind probably because I rushed on it ehh who cares

4 Likes

casually debating what they should be called

2 Likes

Because would you rather go “GUYS GUYS I DID IT I DID A NEO” or “GUYS GUYS I DID IT I DID A WRAPAROUND”?

People suck at naming stuff, but neos have reached the point where most people use the term without knowing the reference, meaning it’s a completely new thing that means to jump around a pillar in minecraft. In fact, a suprising amount of gaming terminology develops this way, starting with a reference and then leaving that reference behind.

Nobody needs to watch the matrix to understand it. To get the naming reference? Yeah, but to actually identify the jump and what it is, nobody needs to know it. In fact, doing a quick google search for “what is a neo jump” pulls up multiple results of people wondering where the name even comes from. Despite this, it’s still a well known and popular jump.

player jump straight up to the next rung multiple times. ladder.

In what world? You don’t even hit your head while doing the jump, but the vertical neo is based in a well established parkour term. plus it looks like a ladder. plus headhitter jumps in any other videogame look nothing like this- you jump, hit your head, then land on the other side of a pit.

too many words.
“GUYS I DID A SIDEWAYS LADDER JUMP” vs “GUYS I DID A LADDER JUMP” vs “GUYS I DID A VERTICAL NEO”

So here’s my argument for vertical neos.

• It’s based on a well established parkour term
  • It represents that term in the vertical form, jumping up and around an obstacle instead of forward and around
  • It sounds cool
10 Likes

Bro really made a full on topic :skull:

4 Likes

Personally I call them “annoying” because if you make error while going up, you fall all they back to the start without any way to stop your descent.

actually though I prefer the term “wedges”

Because you wedge yourself into the small space

2 Likes

bruh stop going off-topic and making random unhelpful jokes.
remember when you advertised then we told u to stop and u did? stop doing anything off-topic, I struggle to find a single one of your posts that aren’t covered with something off-topic

yeah, just look at the phobias

Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia is fear of long words :skull:

5 Likes

hamburgers :skull:

2 Likes

now imagine telling people you have that fe@r

2 Likes

oh dear

“guys, I have to tell you… I have… uh… hippo… hippopo… pota…mus…” -screams- -choking sounds- -runs away-

10 Likes

Kind of off topic but this topic is off topic so :skull: : I don’t really think anyone has that fear

Based on the actual topic.

1 Like

SLJ? Would that work, or would that just be odd?

2 Likes

I call them “Neo Jumps”

2 Likes

probably the latter

I call them ladder jumps, they go up like a ladder and if you look at a ladder sideways, it’s still a ladder, right?

maybe a jut-ladder, since there are juts instead of rungs

jutting ladder jumps

2 Likes