What are these jumps called? Vote on post 121

So I have seen people call this different things and have seen this in so many games:
Ya know that thing?

What is the real jump name called?

@top-z
Btw top-z I figured out how to get to the questionare in AoMS lol

Screenshot 2024-07-23 9.30.00 PM

6 Likes

I’ve seen these jumps all the time too!
I’m not sure exactly what they are called but I think they are neos (maybe, take it with the grainest grain of salt)

5 Likes

*Ahem
“Wedge Jumps”

6 Likes

Ok nice thanks for the help :)

@Gimkiter28
Game reference in my upcoming game!

4 Likes

Headhitters. Like, actually. Trust me. They’re called that in minecraft and roblox so we might as well just standardize this.

10 Likes

they… don’t have a name?? I have no idea where “wedge jumps” come from

5 Likes

Cool!

Is my game refferenced in your next game??? OOOOOOHHHHHHH!!! NOOOO WAY!!! IM IN THE PRESENCE OF JOBOZO’S NEXT GAME!!! (sorry about the caps, and i’m just suprised…)

1 Like

This is a wedge:
wedge | definition for kids | Wordsmyth Word Explorer Children's Dictionary;  WILD dictionary K-2 | Wordsmyth
They’re definitely not wedge jumps.

3 Likes

actually I remember them being called wedge jumps, Headhitters is when you jump from one block to the next while (or dodging) a block above your head.

Thats what I thought too but then what are these:
Screen recording 2024-07-29 7.55.04 PM

@Gimkiter28
Haha lol
Good to see you’re excited :D

3 Likes

No it’s because you wedge yourself into the gap, its the word type (phrase technically)

i know i was factually inaccurate in the previous comment because there are multiple definitions of wedges but trust they’re called wedge jumps

okay theres probably multiple names for those jumps depending on what game you play but im a jtoh nerd so its headhitter and it makes MORE sense because if you do it wrong you’ll hit your head and stuff

calling it a wedge jump is silly because what if you have an actual wedge in your game and you jump from two wedges

however theres no such thing as a “headhitter” in real life so its a cool name

2 Likes

Did you mean headhitters or wedges I am getting confused.

3 Likes

im talking about this:

Point is: theres no source yall have shown that calls them wedge jumps? I’ve never seen anyone call them wedge jumps either, so its probably NOT the name? (I play a lot of platformers)

3 Likes

True, I have heard a lot of names for this type of just jump. Just never heard of wedge jumps.

1 Like

How to do a head hitter jump - YouTube

image is not mine but yeah. this video is called how to do a headhitter jump

4 Likes

no because it is not a jump where you jump around and then into another gap you cant fit in, you stand on the edge and:

wedge yourself in

I feel like there are many names and you can call it what you want, as it doesn’t matter that much I mean they cant argue with you when you publish how would they complain?

1 Like