Triggers and properties hurt my brain

Basically the if do block, checks, if this is whatever, then do that. That’s one of them.

I’ll test this out and see if it helps (ill mark a solution if i figure it out)

2 Likes

I still don’t understand

I hope this helps, as these are three tugs on devices

1 Like

So properties are basically data: you can store information in them, change information, and extract their information using blocks.

Triggers do something when you step on them. They also have the added benefit of being able to access blocks.

As for blocks, blocks are a way to do things devices can’t normally do; math, joining text, broadcasting on activity feed, changing properties, etc. They’re pretty straightforward, so if you have any questions just ask.

(Note: Do not confuse properties with variables, variables in gimkit only store data for the current block.)

3 Likes

But properties are variables!! The definition of a variable is an element, feature, or factor that is liable to vary or change. That’s a property.

other

So as long you keep the property there, that variable remains FOREVER until you grab or delete the property.

I mean, if you were to use variables in places other than gimkit, it does behave like a property. But in gimkit, variables can only store data within one block.

Well, that’s true.
Wait. Remind me. Is there a such thing as a variable completely separate from properties in Gimkit?

Yep, in blocks

1 Like

oooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhh
Well that makes a lot more sense.
I cease and rest my case. I guess there wasn’t really an argument in the first place but whatever lol

@CaptionPuffy What do you not understand? (Not in a mean way, but just wondering)

1 Like

Blocks I understand triggers and properties but blocks are confusing to me

you need help with the blocks?

1 Like

@Foxy It’s the one thing I can’t understand…

the main function is to detect something like a property of a variable equals something and then rely on a specific channel depending on what happens

1 Like

You can use a checker for that now!

1 Like

block code can compare things to other things besides a number and you just reset this closing by 2 hours

2 Likes

Sorry, I got pinged. If you just want compare properties though, just use a checker!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.