The World of Geometry(🟄) [WIKI]

Making… 4D objects. I guess it’s like a research project… with art.

2 Likes

To be honest this is one of the first posts involving higher-dimensional geometry I’ve seen (and I’ve seen a lot)
Edit: @ProPlayer95 your shapes are coming out great! You should add them to the wiki

2 Likes

I’m not sure anyone would ever use 4d art in any map. By the way, that picture isn’t even real 4d. A much better representation is changing a 3D object over time.

4 Likes

Yeah, it’s not like anyone can make real 4D here read this
I would use 4D stuff in a map tbh it looks cool

1 Like

I added a staff notice saying anyone can add their own geometry without needing permission as you stated earlier @WSG.

3 Likes

Yes, technically, achieving true 4D structures in GKC is not possible, but this topic is more like a discussion that focuses on conceptual approaches to replicate different 3D geometric shapes for decorative purposes rather than actually making 4D in GKC, that’s the reason why this post belongs to Art.
However, I’d argue that none of these ā€œ4D Artsā€ can truly be classified as 4D, because 4D shapes possess properties that extend beyond our conventional understanding of 3D figures. With that being said, I think this post is more accurately a discussion of making 3D shapes inspired by 4D concepts.
And for decoration purposes, these shapes could be really useful in some scenarios, such as making unique structures (puzzles, buildings, portals, etc) and enhancing details.
Also I will try to make some as well because of boredom hehe.

Edit: wrong reply :skull:

help me implement trigonometry into gkc

11 Likes

For anyone that is making these shapes, use the underscore button in a text device. It’s more pliable that way and easier to use.

1 Like

Alright, it took longer than I expected, but here it is:


I’ll add this to the 4D section as well.

6 Likes

Also, I’m almost done with may larger-than-life hypercube, can I add that even though we already have one?

WSG

DON’T THINK I MISSED THAT TEXT DEVICE

Edit: Done! You can go inside it and explore the fourth dimension (ofc as a projection of a 4D object in 3D on a 2D screen)

6 Likes

Please don’t like grind…

8 Likes

I dare you to attempt the hypersphere :D. 4D circles in Gimkit? Nightmare fuel.


Also, I added to the 2D section, if you all want to check it out…

3 Likes

erm
this is a not very smart question to ask but does any ā€œgonā€ count for 2D?
like a heptagon?

2 Likes

Sorry! I didn’t mean to lol
I was just asking if anyone wanted me to attempt that shape

3 Likes

I guess, just 2D has no height, it’s just length and width.

1 Like

In essence, yes. However, some 3D shapes have gon in their name as well. Hexagonal prism for example. Just remember that 2D shapes are shapes that are drawn or made on a flat plane.

2 Likes

New additions to the 2D and 3D section! Happy geometry day!(It isn’t, but pretend it is).

4 Likes

Wasting my time on making these, more has been added to the 3D section. It’s fun though. How is everyone doing on their projects? If they did any.

2 Likes

had some fun with 3d here thanks to the guides:



maybe cylinders come next?
would love to recreate a pencil holder

12 Likes

Looks amazing!!! Can I add that to the 3D section? Or if you want to keep your work that’s alright.


Alright, added credits to all the contributers.

you’re free to add it if you like.

3 Likes