[đź“‹] The ULTIMATE guide to Knockout Managers

Image of a Knockout Manager

Introduction

The Knockout Manager is a device that allows the ability to track sentry and player knockouts. Many games involving PVP, PVE or just fighting in general will use these to either grant the player money or run a script elsewhere.

In this TUG, you will learn how the Knockout Manager can be used in your games, how you can customize it to fit your game, and its special functionalities inside of blocks.

Options

The Knockout Manager has 3 tabs of customizability. This includes Featured settings, Item-related setting, and Channel-related settings. The Knockout Manager’s active scope setting can be found under All Options.

Targets, Inputs, and Outputs

The “Knockout Target” setting changes what target the manager will look at when something or someone is knocked out. You can choose either Players or Sentries.

The device has 2 inputs and 1 output. You can activate / deactivate the manager with channels, and you can broadcast on a channel when the target is knocked out. Pretty simple.

Item Manipulation

The cool thing about Knockout Managers is that it allows for item drops. Think about how Minecraft zombies drop rotten flesh when you kill them.

You would mostly just use the “Item to Grant” and “Item Amount” settings in you games. These will drop the same item, and the same amount of that item, every single time you kill something. But, if you wanted this item to be rarer, you can use the drop chance setting. This will make the target drop something a percentage of the time.

Uses

There are many ways to use the Knockout Manager in your creations. You can use it to add loot tables, or you can use it to send notifications when someone dies. I decided to add as many topics that used the Knockout Manager so that you could build them yourself.

Conclusion

I hope you learned something from this TUG. There’s some stuff I might not have covered, but I think this should be all you need to start work on your game. Good luck, and thanks for reading!

• yes very good tug
  • ehh its ok
  • i have feedback / more uses (comment don’t edit)
  • i’m still confused
  • :penguin:
0 voters
5 Likes

Wow, very good! What’s the :penguin: for?

3 Likes

I guess we’ll never know

4 Likes

I am very flattered to be in this TUG. :blush:

2 Likes

Nice guide!

1 Like

I mean you’re guide was apparently one of the most relevant so I added it

1 Like

Great guide! I don’t think I used a KO manager in the battle Royale revenge though.

2 Likes

Its in the kill sig section I think

1 Like

Oh ok.

The Antarctic helpers. Just a question, @JoeTheChicken, if you make another one of these for another device, could you make it in this format? Thanks!

1 Like

Nice guide!

ya this guide is pretty good

bump this!