The Tamian Coordinate System | Difficulty: 🟨 (Version 2.0)

Use a coordinate system.

I might try checkers in the future. Much simpler, and there is a pattern to how you can move. But, I disagree with you @LxmasHasCandy.

Well, what if it fails tho?

fair

If at first you don’t succeed, try try again. Or just ask one of the Five.

Maybe not impossible, but with more memory and too much time…
Besides, you only have to put every piece on every spot, or, better, assign players to a type of piece and teleport them around.

1 Like

Is this thread counted as “off-topic”…?

That is essentially what I did for Monopoly.

Not really, as we are on the subject of Gimkit about a system that uses the post.

1 Like

I’m kind of bored. I’m going to do the Tag Zone thing in the TUG guide of devices

1 Like

Yes, and the system is very good, by the way.

For chess:
Property Knight1:
Set property Knight1 to Triggering Player's Name
Repeat for every piece.
Let each player choose who to be.

Thanks. They both work, but this one is much more efficient.

How would that work? Sorry, my brain isn’t working after a lot of coding this morning.

It’s good. I think it would? The other knight would be knight2, and you have pawns 1-8, and ANYWAY, if creating a coordinate chessboard, this system is 4 times as memory effective as the other.

But then a text property would be set to a player’s name, and how would that help you move the piece?

Also, its showing your old PFP.

I know, the other one was hurting my eyes, so I decided that I liked this one best.

1 Like

That just tells you what piece a player is, and then it can assign characteristics to the player and their movement.

Yes, but wouldn’t it be simpler to set a property to a piece, rather than a piece to a player?