The rendering properties of zones (Theory)

As seen in this post, zones don’t broadcast if you teleport out of them because they get de-rendered too quickly. Even if you have someone else in that zone, it still won’t detect if you teleport out. This also sort of happens with text boxes, if the middle of the text box is off your screen, the rest of the text that should be on your screen doesn’t render/ show. That makes me think that everything on your screen is being rendered for you and only you. Ex: If 10 people were in 1 room, the room would be rendered 10 times, once for each person. However, I don’t have any way to test that yet, so I guess it will remain a theory for a while. If you are confused just @ Grey_Stone ask me in the comments.
Edit: The text box not rendering is now fixed, if you put a long string of numbers in text box, you can see it even if the middle is not on your screen. This has been added in a recent update.

8 Likes

Isn’t this kinda short? Good guide, though.

1 Like

That was all that I could think of and I think it explains it well. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

You want me to rate it? :slight_smile:

As in difficulty or something else?

1 Like

Your post. Do you want me to rate your guide/post?

3 Likes

Yes, please.

1 Like

Hi! @Blizzy here, rating your post.
Rating: 9/10

What you did well:
You explained this theory well, and provided good examples.
You cited correct sources(Even though you made it too)

Mistakes:
May be a bit too short
No visual examples/pictures

4 Likes

GimAi has gone permanently offline since around June. Please do not try to rate posts with them as it just creates clutter.

3 Likes

I can just be the new rate-er :slight_smile:

If you type @Blizzy/@Blizzy ratepost I will rate your post

3 Likes

Oh, that’s my bad. I thought it’d be fun to see in-action since I saw blizzy rate it lol

3 Likes

Please stay ON topic.

1 Like

If you said ‘devices’ in the title, maybe you should add more devices, more than only the zone…

2 Likes

@josh, is this true? (Wondering because I have no clue on how to test this)

Hmmm this is interesting…

1 Like

This is an interesting theory. The zone/text rendering is certainly very interesting.

While my technical expertise is limited, I feel like the zone constantly checking statement is incorrect. That seems unlikely, and perhaps a faster solution that the devs may have implemented could have been just ‘when player moves past x bound run this function’ or something. Where did you get that from?

I’ll ask hexa and bh about the rendering thing.

1 Like

I’m not sure where I got it from. I was just gimkiting, and then this idea came into my head and I felt like I had to write it down, and it constantly checking was the only way it made sense to me.

I teleported out of a zone with gadget fire off and I couldn’t fire gadgets after I teleported out.

1 Like

This is because the game hasn’t realized that you left the no-firing zone, and still thinks you are in it and won’t let you fire.

1 Like

That is a very very very useful and practical application of zones.

Let’s keep this on the down-low so the devs dont patch it, yeah? :smiley:

3 Likes