The most overlooked setting

For my racing game I’m going to need 100 properties for the placement system… :grimacing: Still trying to gather the willpower to place down 100 triggers and 100 properties, slightly modifying each.

Why do you need 100 properties? Explain and I might be able to cut down some for you.

I’m using zones to see how many players have passed each checkpoint, and I need to use properties to count the number. I tried using properties to see how many checkpoints each player has passed through, but that didn’t work (details here).

Are we getting off topic or am I confused…? (theres always the chance im confused)

Ok, just looked at that and it’s pretty confusing. First, I would make sure it only increments if they go to the zone ahead of them. Second, I would also suggest maybe lasers instead of zones. Either way, it needs to increment a counter, and that counter should update a property. That property will be player-scoped, and you can plug it into the leaderboard as a score in the map settings.

Yeah, we’re a little off topic. At least we’re talking about GKC.

2 Likes

I tried using player IDs to link it to a seperate property per player, since I want to display the player’s rank onscreen and calculate item probabilities; I already have the leaderboard set up.

I’m planning on doing that.

Oh, you don’t need all that blabber and code and properties to have rank. First place is the person who crosses the counter first. When the counter increments, make it so that the place is whatever the counter just incremented too.

For example, when the person in first place passes a new zone, the counter attributed to that zone is incremented to one. This might take up a bit more properties, but then you just change the person that’s in first to the person’s triggering name. Block code updates a game overlay.

1 Like