The Advanced Update Order Family šŸŸŖ

I donā€™t know if this is relevant, but whenever I play a game with checkpoints, letā€™s say AoMS-
Letā€™s say I made it to Chapter 3 without collecting the Chapter 2 checkpoint.
I have the C3 checkpoint but not the C2 checkpoint.
But letā€™s say I fall down to C2 and grab the C2 checkpoint.
Now, when I click the Respawn button, I respawn to C2, even though I have the C3 checkpoint- because the most recently claimed checkpoint is somehow the one I go to.

Prolly not related to update order but thought it was interesting : /

1 Like

because the game only sends you to the checkpoint youā€™ve collected last

like, why spend more time trying to make that type of system when you can frustrate players be lazy take a more logical approach when it comes to games

of course, thatā€™s 99% not true, but thatā€™s just how the game is programmed

1 Like

Oh? Thatā€™s interesting, and I think thereā€™s an easy workaround to that issue! Just give the player something upon clearing a level, and if they get KOed, send them to level #(Item number) using block code!

1 Like

Letā€™s say thereā€™s a blockcode on a trigger for example, and thereā€™s an else block. How quickly would the else block run after confirming the else if(s) block(s)? And if a trigger has the same delay, and they trigger at the same time, which one would be the first to run?

2 Likes
  1. The same frame? Iā€™ve never tested.
  2. The oldest trigger would be the first to run. Oldest refers to the first one edited.
1 Like

So, to clarify you mean that there is an if-else block in a trigger? And then how soon would the else section execute after the if section is checked?

If so, thereā€™s not a specific time for this, I believe. Based on what josh has said about loops, I believe each block of code is just run as fast as the server can run them.

1 Like