The Advanced Update Order Family šŸŸŖ

Donā€™t tell @Blackhole927 that I renamed his field

6 Likes

I think advanced block order is by far the easiest to understand due to my wimpy history with blockly

7 Likes

What if you placed 2 devices that receive on the same channel at the same time? ADO? (Advanced device order?) would be a thing, or would this fall under AWO?

2 Likes

Thatā€¦ Would require testing. I didnā€™t include channels because they operate under different rules, but this might be interesting. If it works, this would be ACO.

4 Likes

However, channels are WEIRD. It would probably be determined on when you placed the device, hence making it ADCO.

4 Likes

Okay, this was the setup.

The bottom counter broadcasts on channel Trigger1 when stepped on.

Both of the middle triggers trigger when receiving on channel Trigger1. However, the left trigger transmits on channel Trigger2, and the right one transmits on channel Trigger3. The counter increments when receiving on channel Trigger2, and resets when receiving on channel Trigger3.

I ran it, and it always stayed at zero.

I then deleted channel Trigger2, and replaced it with channel Trigger4.

I ran it, and it always said one.

Conclusion: Gimkit processes channels in order: the oldest channel made is the first one processed.

11 Likes

So ACO?*

3 Likes

Block code would be the exception to this, if you have two broadcast on channel blocks it would broadcast on the first one first and the second one second regardless of creation order.

4 Likes

No, I havenā€™t done linear algebra in school yet. I leaned about vectors when I was trying to do ray-casting. Im in NC math 2 right now. I also know scraps of more advanced math that I just picked up over time coding.

4 Likes

what is nc math 2?

1 Like

wait is that integrated math 2

1 Like

North Carolina has a weird math system, so instead of taking geometry, algebra, or trig, itā€™s all squeezed into one class. You can think of it as the equivalent of algebra 2 tho

2 Likes

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

I donā€™t see a problem with calling it AWUO or AWO lol
I just call everything AUO since itā€™s catchier and also Iā€™m too lazy to remember the others lol

7 Likes

Youā€™re in 8th grade?

2 Likes

Yeah

Going into highschool this August

2 Likes

Wow. The stuff you do is very impressive for a graduating eighth grader.

5 Likes

agreed. i am younger so i donā€™t know how smart i should be at theyā€™re age but definitely not as smart as he is now! he is above and beyond! he even knows python!

2 Likes

This just made me remember, I used ABO in Monopoly.

1 Like

@here, Iā€™m sorry to say, but we missed one, on this very forum. ATOā€“Advaced Tag Order. When you add tags to a post, the tag with the most uses will be on the left, and the tag with the least uses on the right. For example, if you add a resolved and ideas tag to a post (in any order), resolved will come first because itā€™s used more.

1 Like