Stop wasting memory on terrain walls

Yeah I don’t know what is happening there. But I am assuming that only happens on rare occasions.

1 Like

you could glitch it by placing walls very fast, but still, reed de gied

2 Likes

I did reed de gied. It was vary gould

1 Like

I bet there’s a check right before you place a tile that would stop you from doing that.

(but who knows)

Josh that’s who

1 Like

This is a very helpful post!

How would I check how many flags I have?

1 Like

If you keep saying that, it’ll go higher. I know your anticipating TL3 as you now have 50 days, but it usually takes longer then that and is no excuse to go off-topic

1 Like

Dunno

why are you asking in this post of all the posts here on the forum?

I am pretty late to this but is it dumb if I ask if GimKit will ever remove the wall limit and increase the memory limit?

Another way this works is if you just make one layer of wall then surround it with floor of the same material. The walls and floors connect except when on different layers so this looks completely normal.

2 Likes

No they won’t. (I’m 100%) If people could fill a Gimkit world with as much as they want the game would crash and bad stuff, but it would be wwaaayyyy more likely if they decreased some memory on devices.

1 Like

@Rusty This is a very helpful guide!

1 Like

No, the best we can hope for is to increase it with a paid option or combining map slots.

1 Like

we can only place 2500 tiles? when i was making my game it said i placed 4687/2500 tiles

I got to place about 3000 when I went in the same creative world in another tab

1 Like

Yeah notice /2500 at the end. There is probably a coding error where you are sometimes able to exceed the limit.

ok i didn’t know that

Awesome guide! I’m gonna take this into careful consideration when making my maps, I really like the camera view tip. I really like it.

I think I’ll just use the camera view device in my game. It will look better in it, thanks!

1 Like

I’m going to make a Metroidvania map once DLD for creative comes out so I’m going to have to use a combination of very single method.

1 Like

Sounds great! I hope you have fun building it, and good luck with your map! Hopefully you don’t encounter too many difficult road blocks!