Scoring Points and other things

Ok, so I have looked all through these post to try and find answers to my questions but no luck, so sorry if these are repeat questions.

1. How do you score points? Everything I try doesn’t work. Questioners don’t score points, how do I fix that? When I change to knockouts, that doesnt score points either. It always says zero, no matter how may questions I answer or sentry’s I knock out.

2. I do not know how to code even basic things so bare with me. I want to make a simple game. Basically a maze, where you have to score enough points to make it through barriers. But ONLY players with enough points can get through. How can I set that up?

3. Is there a way to make a questioner ask 1 set of questions without repeating them? So after 5 CORRECT questions it stops working for a player?

4. At the end of the game, there is going to be a “boss battle”. Is there a way to spawn an enemy when the player has enough points?

Thank you sooo much in advance, I really appreciate any and all help.

2 Likes

You could make multiple questioners with different kits with only one question in them and when you get one correct, it moves to the next one (activates it and deactivates the previous one)

2 Likes

Set the scope to player on the barrier and then once the player gets enough points deactivate it, it will only apply to that player since the scope is player

1 Like

If you want to make it when players answer a question, they earn 1 point, place a counter and property (leave the property blank for now, we’ll head to it later. Make sure the scope of the counter is "player and it’s property to update is the one you put in your property device. Let’s head onto it’s settings. Now, name your property whatever you want and change the scope to player. Now go back to your counter and enter that property name in it’s property to update setting. Back to the property again. Make sure the property type is a number.
Now connect your questioners to your counter
Question Answered Correctly > Increment Counter
Lastly, click the :gear: icon in the bottom left of your game, click map options , go to score, and change the score type to the property name you placed.

1 Like

Also welcome to the community @bcoughlin!

1 Like

Since you don’t know how to code then have a checker that when fail check → run wire pulse → run check. This will constantly run checks for a certain amount of any item (which I assume is the score) or property (I think) check for it to be greater than or equal to the amount of score you want. If you want to lose points and buy it

1 Like

@bcoughlin read the new-user-must-read and if we figured out your problem, mark a solution!

@Haiasi I am so glad we didn’t answer the same question

4 Likes

Thanks everyone!

I can not find “run wire pulse”. Could you please tell me how to get there?? Sorry, I know it is probably right in front of my face!

1 Like

It is in a wire repeater to just check again in the checker or use channels. The wire repeaters delay should be 0

1 Like

Welcome to the community, @bcoughlin!!!

1 Like

Thanks everyone, I am making some progress. I know how to get a score, so thats good. I am trying to have a barrier deactivate when you have enough points.

I have a deactivated zone that once activated, activates the button which deactivates the barrier.
The checker, is wired to the zone to check if points are greater than 0. The zone is wired to the repeater to repeat the pulse while in the zone. the checker is also wired to the repeater to run check. I’m not sure what is wrong but the button does not activate when I have 1 or more points. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

3 Likes

Does the zone ever become active? Like is there something that activates it through channels or wires?

1 Like

It is suppose to activate if you have enough points. The checker is set to greater than 0 for testing purposes.

1 Like

And how does the checker run the check? Through wires or channels?

1 Like

Welcome to forums @bcoughlin . mark a solution

1 Like

Welcome to the community @bcoughlin! and please remember to mark a solution.

1 Like

I have a wire connected from the checker to the zone. “check passes → Activate Zone”

1 Like

Yes, I know, but do you have a way for the checker to actually check the value? Like is there some lifecycle that is wired to a repeater that is wired to the checker, so that it can always be checking? If you don’t that is your issue, and that is why the checker won’t check the value.

1 Like

I do not. I don’t know how to do that, could you please help? Thank you!

1 Like

Oh, I do have a wire repeater wired to the zone so it sends a pulse when entering the zone. The repeater is wired to the checker to run check when it receives a pulse but its not working.

2 Likes