This Is a Deleted Guide

This guide will allow you to implement bed-breaking into your bedwars maps. How, you ask? Well here:

Concept
When you die, you teleport to a room. If your bed is not broken, then you will be teleported back to your base. However, if you don’t have a bed, then you will not be teleported back.

Implementation

First, make a small lobby-like room. This should have a spawn pad for ALL PLAYERS, not just for a specific team. Next, put a lifecycle down. Make it listen for a player knockED out. Make it broadcast on “Player Knocked Out”. Now make a property that stores whether or not the player is knocked out. Make a trigger that is triggered when receiving on “Player Knocked Out”. After this, go into the blocks for the trigger and use the “if” block to check if the bed is broken.

Note: If you use a team-scope property, ignore the next part

Use concatenation to call the property:

Put whatever value the bed being not broken is. If the bed being broken is true, then check if it is false, for example. After that, make it broadcast on a channel, using concatenation, to take them to their base.

That is for if the bed is not broken. If it is broken, broadcast on “brokenBed”. Make a teamswitcher switch the player to spectator when receiving on “brokenBed”.

4 Likes

For tagging, couldn’t you just place down a tag zone, and wire it to the trigger in my guide so that when a player is tagged, it triggers?

No, yours switches a team when the person’s bed breaks

1 Like

Mine sends a player to spectators when they’re knocked out and their bed is destroyed. You can simply replace the lifecycle with a tag zone and it’ll work too. Or you could add a tag zone onto the map so both ways work.

I agree with mysz.

Oh ok. I’ll keep it here though, and edit it later

1 Like

Nice guide, @getrithekd!

(I bet you you’ll get UOTM)

2 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

Another future user of the month right here! Great guide!

2 Likes

Hey why are you using my old profile picture?

4 Likes

Don’t jinx him! Remeber what happened to others?

Look’s nice! Planning on using!

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum!

:smile: (thanks)

text limit

dont worry about this lol

1 Like

Welcome to the forum, @GimFish! Check out the beginner-must-read and forum-tips for help. You can bypass the character limit by putting letters (and only letters) into <> brackets.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum!

Thank you!

1 Like

thanks!

1 Like

What is UOTM?

Welcome to the forum GimFish! I hope you feel welcomed.