Question about a comment

Ok, so I once read that if you have properties that start with the same thing, if you type the first part as a property, it renders all of the property “group”. For example, if I have ex1, ex2, and r1, if I put if get property ex, it would take into account for ex1 and ex2, but not r1. Is this true? And how does it work?

5 Likes

Wait it does???

How would we check this? I remember @Cavaire3D talking about this, but I didn’t really understand what they were saying.

I don’t know. I think @Cavaire3D and @Blackhole927 have mentioned it before, but I think it would be useful for my project I am working on. If I could check multiple properties at a time, then I could shorten up code.

I don’t think that would work like that. I think they were saying that it would set all the properties to that number.

I thought that they said something else. I can’t seem to find the comment though. I was asking just incase someone remembered.

I hate when smart people need help from other smart people cuz it makes me realise how dumb i am

3 Likes

Don’t call yourself dumb. We all start out with knowledge to learn, and if you work hard you could become a great! I understood almost nothing when I started, and now (not to brag) I consider myself pretty good. Not the best, but nobody is perfect.

3 Likes

but if a guide includes the word “blocks” then i know i need another way

1 Like

Just found the comment:

Don’t be scared by blocks! Think of blocks as mini-devices that run small actions.

1 Like

ahhhh dont say the b-word

Ok, so what @Cavaire3D did was “call” all of the channels? I think that is right. Any ideas? And would this work with properties?

Hold on, just realized that this wouldn’t work for my game anyway. I would still need to know something. Well, at least I brought up an interesting topic.

I’m creating a guide about that glitch on the wiki. I hope to have it posted soon,