Pseudo tagging with player coordinates possible?

add this block code to that block too

the trigger triggers on game start and when the tag system sends a pulse on the wire
I talk too fast ._. system gave me a warning

1 Like

if you do switch team i think it says respawning, which gives it away.

2 Likes

the thing is when you use the tag system it requires teams when you use coordinate system its kinda tough to compare 2 player’s properties when they’re the same player scoped property and when u update a different property in the cd other than the actual devices settings it still doesn’t work :\

1 Like

I have an idea similar to this that wouldn’t require a loop to work. You would compute possible coordinates within a tagging distance before updating your position in the list and then search to see if your coordinates are in the list. If they are, then you check it they’re yours, and if they aren’t then you tag them.

1 Like

we can try that later

1 Like

So what you should do now is go into the first trigger in the trigger loop that finds the closest player that receives on “Compare coordinates” and change the first if check to check a property if the player is infected.

Now, change the part that checks if the closest distance is ≤ 3 to 1. Then you can replace the broadcast in the check with “Kill button pressed” and you can remove the else statement.

Remove the overlay. The last thing you have to do is go into the last trigger that would normally kill the player and change a few things. Replace the “Player killed” broadcast with the “Start coordinate math” broadcast. Add a set property before the broadcast that sets the “Is infected?” property to 1. It should look like this now:

You can remove the Team Switcher now. I hope that this will work for you!

1 Like

Ok, thank you. I will let you know if it works,

2 Likes

When I tested it, it doesn’t seem to work.
When the infected player went near the player, it did not infect them.

2 Likes

Wait, and why don’t you use the normal tag zone device?

2 Likes

Because that doesn’t have the option for same-team tagging.

2 Likes

Well, now can you use a tag zone?

3 Likes

No, because then it will let people know if they are infected.

First thing you should do is check your properties to make sure they’re configured for the player only, and that you’re setting it properly at the beginning. If not, can you show me the settings for the second relay on your side? I found an error with it a while ago and it may be the problem.

1 Like

what is pseudo???

It means “fake” i think

2 Likes

I checked the infected property and it is player scoped. I’ll find the second relay later.

1 Like

The second relay is the one that is activated using the counter.

2 Likes

this one?

Ah yes, I thought this might be the problem. I’ll have to go back and change that later. Change the relay channel from “kill button pressed” to “Compare coordinates” and it should work.

ok, i will try that out.