[šŸ“¢ PSA!] What is liked/disliked on this forum!

My old account got deleted somehow, so I am reposting this so its under my name!
Hey everyone!
I have noticed (and many of you Iā€™m sure) that lately people (OK, mainly me) have been arguing with others. If someone starts to pick a fight with you on something on this forum, just send them a link to the guide, to show them what is accepted/liked by our lovely, flourishing community. (:grinning:)

What is liked:

• giving a lotta likes (gotta love the love)
  • complimenting others (opportunity for others to give you likes)
  • Not going too off topic (not gonna lie, I am very off topic, so the occasional random comment is fine, but usually the 500+ comments always have a fight or something, or diss each other, so keep it to a minimum)
    -Being a general nice person (people, come on!)

What is disliked:

• dissing people (comon guys. i dont care if you are bored, or angry, but this is not ok)
  • making rude comments about someoneā€™s work (you spend time on something, and someone tells you its rubbish, thats just plain rude)
  • flagging posts that are either only slghtly off topic (aka goodtwoshoes) or posts that should have been flagged, as totally normal and useful (weā€™re above this guys)
  • PRETENDING TO BE A GUARDIAN OF THE GIMAXY OR A GIMAVENGER (guys, i actually had to work to be a gimavenger. doing this is not ok, and takes away the point and the fun of this)
  • calling jeffo to every situation by doing the funny a thingy (guys, some care. do you want him to lock every topic?)
  • leaking private info without consent (guys, a given. if someone has told you accidentally or on purpose some private info, common sense is to keep it to yourself)
  • full out wars and arguments (guys, my computer doesnt like being spammed with your rubbish insults. speak nice, speak fair, or dont speak at all please)
  • Plagiarism (not ok! people have worked hard on their guides and stuff, dont just steal their thunder stealing someone elses guide is just plain lazy and disrespectful)
  • Inappropriate stuff in general (guys i dont want to hear it. dont make people uncomfortable)
  • being plain Narcissistic (guys, if you have achieved something, then celebrate! but if you are just being plain annoying, people dont want to hear how great you think you are)
  • replying when a post has been flagged, or has become out of hand (guys, dont help jeffo find an excuse to ban you. doing this is like putting a sign on your back saying ā€˜kick meā€™)
  • Racism, anti semitism, etc (guys!!! even if you are one of these, dont mention it on here! we dont wanna hear! who are you, Ye???)
  • stealing peopleā€™s jobs on this forum (ahem hem, my job welcoming people has already been taken people)

And if you want to know how Jeffo decides to ban a post, look at this link (thanks @ClicClac !) and DONā€™T DO ANY OF THESE THINGS!!!

**If you have got anything to add to this list, comment below and call me at @Little **
And anyone with suggestions, thank you for your input! xx

editing this post, cos i have run out of replies for the day
look what jeffo sent me!!!
what the !

Jeffo, im replying to you on here, cos i cant pm you, as because you delted my acc, my new one has a reply limit.
First of all - what last message
I would like to understand fully why my account is getting deleted, you have no right to do that without notifying me first, I went to a chromebook store to check out if my computer had malfuctioned and I paid 30 quid for the check.
So I expect an apology pls.
Second, I agree that I dont always follow the rules, but first, almost nobody does, and second, i just made a guide, explaining what isnt accepted on the forum, spam posting was one, and as no liar, if you dont delete this acc, I will try not to do this again.
What do you mean Im taking up more time? Im most of the day at school, so I am usually not on here. Does this mean staff time? pls clarify. I sincerely doubt that I take up more time than 99% of this forumā€™s membersā€¦(no offence here)
Well, IG thanks for warning me first!?
Last time i didnt even have a chance to say goodbye and stuff to friends that i have on here.

hs gonna delete this acc as well!!!
guys??? what do i do???
i knew i would become the first person permanently banned!!!
i can just create another acc after this, and not tell him that its @Little , ill use a diff username
ok, guys, my next username will be what my name means in my religions language

dont write on here, what you think my next username will be,
youā€™ll just know from my style of writing :grin:

5 Likes

What happened to your first account? It says something about ā€œAnon(string of numbers)ā€

2 Likes

Jeffo deleted it.

2 Likes

I think Jeffo let people off the hook because they were still a useful contribution to the community. All they did is post a bunch of off-topic stuff when the forum was dead, which is not the most harmful thing you can do here. You do help people but not as much as us, so Jeffo probably didnā€™t see those posts or noticed that there wasnā€™t much of them.

I would say thatā€™s quite risky. Correct me if Iā€™m wrong but ban evasion is a pretty big offense. But if thatā€™s what you want to do, itā€™s not like I can stop you. Just keep in mind the risks of this.

Well, you did get into some conflicts with users. No offense btw just pointing that out.

If it was an antisemitic issue then another certain user would have been permabanned by now.

At the end of the day, Jeffo is trying to do his job of moderating the community. If you have complaints, I guess you can try to message him again but thereā€™s not much you can do, unfortunately.

If you donā€™t mind @Jeffo, can you please let @Little see this post before you delete her account? I understand if you are unable to do that and I wonā€™t mind.

4 Likes

Itā€™s slightly distressing that the disliked list is quite a bit longer than the liked list

4 Likes

I donā€™t think he can @NavyCatZ

1 Like

Oh didnā€™t see that lol

1 Like

i donā€™t think pmā€™s really work unless youā€™re trying to pm a mod

1 Like

Never tried and also dont really want to try

1 Like

Screenshot 2023-07-13 6.20.02 PM

Screenshot 2023-07-13 6.20.34 PM

iā€™m confused

(btw these are screenshots from the topic not my replies)

2 Likes

Donā€™t question it

1 Like

First, you shouldnā€™t call someone antisemetic, racist, etcā€¦ without a valid reason, itā€™s disrespectful and it wonā€™t really lead to anything good. Iā€™m not saying youā€™re wrong for being upset about your account deletion though. This is a dispute that should probably just be settled between you and him, because although you canā€™t directly message the mods, youā€™re displaying your message as if youā€™re talking to an audience, not personally. That besides the point, I do agree with most of the stuff here, however, you should call a moderator when a post gets too off-topic, out of line, or is resolved. Also, thereā€™s not really ā€œjobsā€ here, it isnā€™t capitalism, you should be able to do what you want as long as it aligns with the rules, like, you shouldnā€™t not be allowed to do cool math stuff because black hole does that.

9 Likes

if i label a post as off-topic, it doesnt entirely mean that the post is off topic, but that the post might be a bit controversial or off-topic and itd be best to not continue talking in that post

4 Likes

Another thing- our idea of ā€œoff topic postingā€ is book club / math club lol

4 Likes

Wow, canā€™t believe we finally have tier 3 people!

4 Likes

Same. But going off what Blackhole said, I do find it amusing that this turns into a book club. I also want to say, great guide, Little the second!

2 Likes

Wait I thought Little was banned

1 Like

her account got banned, so she created another account under the same username

1 Like

Oh, I thought both accounts were banned.

1 Like

When was the last time @Little was on?

2 Likes