[📢 PSA!] Keep the Forum Clean!

Keep the Forum Clean:

This is a rather short public service announcement, but when you’re help topic has been resolved, please change it (or get a TL3) to resolved. You can do this by putting “[RESOLVED]” in the title, or changing the tag to resolved. This will help @moderators like @Jeffo to close the topics.

Solutions:

@here After some time, the moderators added solutions! You can now mark a post as a solution to lock it! Topics in help that have been solved now have a “green checkbox” next to them. Be sure to click the “checkbox” next to a post to mark it as a solution!

What about the 30 day editing limit?

This can be quickly resolved by getting a Trust Level 3 user to change the title, which they can do for basically an infinite amount of time.

What if I still have a question related to the topic?

You can click the “reply as linked topic” button to create a new topic that has almost the same purpose as the old one for your new question.

Conclusion:

The forum is very valuable, and the devs are great to have made one. Remember to not let this one end up like the old forum, and keep it clean!

15 Likes

Nice psa.

3 Likes

:+1:

2 Likes

I second that!

1 Like

Nice! So useful for new users!

2 Likes

Nice guide, @mysz! Another solution for

is to add the tag partially-resolved IF the new question is very close to the original question.

2 Likes

This reminds me, why doesn’t the forum have Discourse Solved - plugin - Discourse Meta yet? It’s another idea to make the forum even cleaner

3 Likes

Not sure. In my opinion that would be better for a forum like this.

3 Likes

Yeah.

2 Likes

Maybe ping Jeffo?

2 Likes

I sent the mods a PM. They don’t usually respond, but I hope they see it.

3 Likes

They still didn’t respond on my apology… Do they think that apology is a joke and i’m just wasting their time again?

2 Likes

I’m not talking about wix, i’m talking about the mods.

2 Likes

Yeah I was going to edit that but you typed first. But the mods are pretty busy, so I would say it’s safer to not send them an apology.

2 Likes

Nice pfp

1 Like

Thx

2 Likes

Np.

1 Like

Could you tell me what that’s about?

3 Likes

It allows you to solve posts on the forum, using the checkmark button

2 Likes

@here: Update about solutions: