Please Never Use Repeaters (and a guide on looping)

yes i saw it but i doubt it’s 100000 triggers

2 Likes

OH YOU’RE BACK!!!

3 Likes

Yeah, just remember to remain on-topic

4 Likes

hey cheese i need your help with some stuff. first, can you make a thumbnail with fishing, somthing to do with getting xp, and a pvp with blasters? (if you wouldnt mind, please dont add logo or atleast make it fainter then the other thumbnails) number 2. mind making me a template or like a outline of a gim so i can make custom ones? ill add credits

please post that on the wix (that is, if cheesebox has an account there which is like, 99% guaranteed)

2 Likes

Probably because Josh wanted to balance things out a bit.

i guess so…

2 Likes

just some small flaws and stuff I noticed:

1. even if we divided the memory usage by 10, it would still be quite useless
  2. um, i highly doubt most gkc players know how to loop triggers anyway (i only learned a lot because i joined the forums and my brother probably doesn’t know how to use a property)

ok, but do we have concrete evidence besides the wire/channel caps? if we do, then better state that

1 Like

1: That’s almost true. There are a few niche use cases where a 50 memory repeater would be actually useful, but otherwise, yeah.

2: do people really not know how to do that lol it seems so simple

3: I tested the concurrent tasks thing in my own time. Not gonna make a big deal about it because it’s pretty small by itself. Also, all it really shows anyways is that the concurrent tasks limit isn’t… actually a thing. At least, not one that will ever be significant. If whatever concurrent tasks limit there is gatekept (for lack of a better term) by the caps, then we can run however much we want and it doesn’t matter—as long as we don’t send 300 signals a second.

thanks for the feedback ig lol

Yeah, I found out that the “max concurrent tasks” limit is only there to probably prevent lag, and you can easily create a system that does the same thing but way better. Like 0 to 1000 on a counter in less than a minute better.

Less than a minute?
Please, we can do less than 2 seconds with wire and channel cap.

Repeaters are the definition of redundancy lol idk im tired

2 Likes

The entire thing of this summarized (for those who don’t like to read)

23 Likes

Lol.

ditto. i don’t think there is a device even more redundant than the repeater. in fact, i might as well make a “most useless” reward for my Gimkit Props and Devices Awards

oh yeah and this

is true. i asked my brother if he knew how to loop a trigger and he didn’t know what i was talking about. (maybe it’s because i accidentally said triggertock)

and what bendytheinkdemon said below me

2 Likes
Summary of the Repeater

IMG_4944

3 Likes

Oh the pain it crashed twice before I decided to copy and paste triggers extremely fast so I could speedrun to the limit. It lagged a whole lot, but the red bar eventually said “Trigger Limit 100,000.”

(I think I deleted the picture)

1 Like

the memory bar said “trigger limit 100000”?

1 Like

No, when you hit a device limit, it shows something kinda like a popup banner saying you hit the device limit.

3 Likes

oh ok then

2 Likes

we no cavemen
but if we no read
we NO READ
even if you put word on screen

1 Like