Partially Functioning Chess! (Wiki for jjnitzan)

The DnD isn’t the real game… It’s in the first sentence.

Working on it. Just finished with pawn movement rules, doing king last so I have an algorithm I can basically copy and paste to see if in check. I also might just make it so checkmate it taking the king (so in checkmate the king is forced to move and is taken.)

2 Likes

That’s my favorite broad game! It might be tricky to make the spinner though…

1 Like

Ok, here’s my basic plans for detecting check/mate.
When you move a piece, I use the recursion to check if it’s a valid move, right? So I can repeat that recursion on move (no loss of performance due to it happening after the board update), and store a square under threat as a 1, and a square not under threat as a 0. There’s then an algorithm (though I can’t do it from memory), to see if the king is under check or not based on it’s position in said string of numbers.

Also @ClicClac is completely correct that this system will work in pretty much any game lol. This guide is kinda a bunch of neat systems bunched together.

A screenshot I call pain of block code (75 block limit makes compression hard):

Counters really are some of the most useful devices in the game btw.

6 Likes

Sort of. I can’t access wix for a while sadly. I just had a funny idea. We should either take the original WeMustRevolt alt I made to cause changes and make it an admin/mod (similar to 1000 member troll), and I can use the account to pin a random comment.

If you wouldn’t trust me with admin/mod on the site, then you could create and admit a new account with the same name, then give that account admin (you’d just have to maintain to my speech patterns).

Yes, it’s a dumb idea. But if we did something like that without telling anyone else, then we could have some funny moments.

Wow, that looks really good. Too bad I don’t understand it. But, why all of the variables? Are they equal to properties? Also, the code reminds me of the wip checker code.

The variables are to save blocks. I hit the 75 block limit alot on this, so I set all figures I used more then 2 or 3 times to a variable, then used the variable instead (figures that were stuff like A + B / C, which takes up 5 blocks).

1 Like

while you guys was doing all that i realized that shouldn’t we make a thing where a player pick on a piece it can see where it allowed to go so there be less confusion?

I might add that, but it would be fairly complicated and memory consuming. Instead of running the loop to check the board once, you’d have to run it twice unless I find some efficient way to store multiple moves into one property.

1 Like

alright we keep this idea in the storage then

1 Like

Listen my project is not chess. Mine is checkers. I think your guide would work. What do you think? I am not experienced in really anything about GKC except thumbnails, so I thought you could give me some advice. (Also BUMP)

1 Like