On the Nature Of the Flag: Biology, Customizing, and Family

The Especial Vexillum, more commonly known as the flag, is a device used in one of Gimkit’s game modes, Capture the flag. (Or CTF for short.) But what is the flag? This, my fellow Gimkit enthusiasts, is what this guide hopes to explain.

CREDITS!

@StacheIsTaken for their amazing guide on notifications that inspired this one!
@awesomeT43 and @ClicClac for the scientific name.

CHAPTER 1
Biology: What is a flag?

A flag is a lightweight device designed for Gim’s to carry to differnt places. It consists of a long metal gray pole which is about the size of an average sized Gim. On top of the pole is a flag that is customizable by the Creator, but starts as black. On the very bottom is a base. Flags are meant to be carried to one place to another, which is why it is so light it can move in the wind.
Screenshot 2024-02-08 9.40.45 AM
An image of an Gim (name blurred for privacy) Standing next to a flag.

CHAPTER 2
Customizing: What can be changed?
The flag can be changed in many ways. This can be found in the “Featured” and “Customization” menu. The Creator can change:

1. The flag color
  2. The team the flag belongs to
  3. A safe zone
  4. How long it takes to return to base
  5. A pickup alert

These can be customized to the creators liking.

CHAPTER 3
Family: The flags relationships + interactions.

The different flags side by side; Gim for scale.

Flags relationships can be separated into the two T’s: Teams and Types

The color can tell you the team. However, flags that are different Types CANNOT be in a team.

The top is NOT a team, while the bottom is.

There are 3 types: DF (device flag), AF (arena flag), and RF (racing flag), as seen in the first photo. Knowing the two T’s can help in keeping flags in maps, as different teams can be trained to fight.

RARE PHOTO OF A FLAG-NAPING :open_mouth:

(@TryEverything)

END

7 Likes

Nice Guide!

1 Like

Thanks for the creds!

1 Like

I mean… yeah. It talks about flags. But I think that there is no new information here. And the Customizing does not go into detail. Better than props though, so :clap: :clap:

It’s NP! I love the idea of devices being their own type of organisms with history’s :slight_smile:

Yeah, I’m gonna try to add more if i can. If you can’t already tell, this is my first full guide that isn’t art.

MY IDOL COMMENTED ON MY GUIDE OMGOMGOMG

1 Like

It is well written, but yes I think it will be better to go in more depth :slight_smile:

Who is your idol lol?

You :smiley:

6 Likes

I think this would be better if this had some drawings in it. But it’s still really good either way!

insert image of a flag absolutely freaking out when someone picks it up

3 Likes

I can’t draw :frowning:

But that idea made me almost laugh in band class

1 Like

Ooh! Nice Guide! I like the guides with the things that say, “The nature of…” :slight_smile:

1 Like

The idea that Gimkit and its devices are one big ecosystem is my favorite to write about :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I like the guide, looking forward to what you’ll write “The Nature Of…” next!

1 Like

7 Likes

i giggled so hard at this /pos

1 Like

Where are you getting these names from???

If you’re talking about the scientific names they’re right here

2 Likes

ohhhh, i didn’t know that even existed

1 Like

(Sorry to sound rude, I’m not mad)
The “On The Nature of” guides have custom pictures that are hand drawn. Also, it normally seems more naturous in my opionon. I think this is a good guide just could be changed to fit the name.

1 Like