A Documentary On the Counter [WIP]

Credit goes to @ClicClac for making the original and making the inspiration! This is the seventh episode of the nature-of series.

Table of Contents

Looks

Their Functions

Different variants in the Wild

Interactions with other Devices

image-removebg-preview (9)

Looks

Counters belong to the Mathematica Family’s Purpura genus. They go by Purpura numerus-contra in science. Consequently, they are purple gadgets with a silver outline and a number on the purple portion. They also have a red light, commonly referred to as the “siren”. The number displayed on the counter is typically zero, but it occasionally displays other, rare figures. Like most devices, they can remain invisible when the game first launches, but rarer editions can remain visible. Their quantity, which is their unique quality, might fluctuate and they may appear in your game. Counters use 25 memory, making them considerably lighter than other devices. Only 512 counters can be present on a world at once.

image-removebg-preview (10)

Their Functions

Counters have multiple functions such as tracking points earned by each player or show a timer . They can count up or down. They can also change a property, reset the counter, and have a target that can broadcast a message over a channel or reset the counter. Counters can only end wire vines; they cannot start them; however, they can use other sources to start one. Counters are generally social when it comes to other devices they are aware of.

Different variants in the Wild

Counters have a variety of breeds and personalities. They have five different breeds. They are varied so some can be invisible to the players or visible, and can show a different number per player, team, or it can be global.

• Some Counters can be invisible to the players or visible.

• Some Counters can reset on target value reached.

• Some Counters like to have more private audiences. Some like to have a number only for its summoner when others might be to be shown to everybody, the summoner’s team.

• Well, just like they have names, they have different details. Some prefer to have a target value, keep on going forever, some can increase/decrease, and some can change a property value.

Interactions with other Devices

Counters have many interactions with other devices. They do compete with the “Set property” block in block code itself because counters can also update properties.

Counters can interact with other devices when their target value is reached and other devices can activate or deactivate counters.

Read other episodes - nature-of (my personal favorite is the second one)

6 Likes

We don’t use the wip tag.

Why though?

tags help people find what they are looking for no one looks for incomplete guides

3 Likes

This is just a direct copy of @GimSolver 's. Literally the exact same of his great guide.

I was inspired by his guide too. That’s why it says wip.

You copied his title, his body paragraph,and his writing style.

Same titles
Body paragraph - very
similar

Exactly, my point exactly.

But that’s not mine.:pensive:

Oh, then @ClicClac is the culprit of this copy cat, sorry for accusing you.

I only did it because I assumed it would be okay, but please don’t blame @ClicClac . Plus, its a wip, I’ll be changing it pretty soon.

Then who must receive the blame. A shameless copy is not an ok thing.

You, know what, just blame me. I don’t wan’t to drag in other people.

No, that is unjust, I will not blame an innocent bystander for this crime. (Jeez, I can hear myself now.)

Same here! (the “I can hear myself part”) Lets get on topic now

Clicclac made the first guide in the series lol.

3 Likes

So @GimSolver was the copier? Or was @ClicClac the copee’d? And how do I make one of these?

One of them were the copies. And that’s good.

I’m pretty sure the nature of series would be REALLY different and confusing if they see this:

The gate console nature

What if I made, The nature of the barrier. Or the nature of the prop.