Monitoring / Troubleshooting Gimkit Creative and Gimkit using Inspect Element

ig so or some other outcome will happen

1 Like

Any operating ststem works as long as your school did not disable inspect.

1 Like

YAY! I can get the Josh skin…

1 Like

But, I have not tested if we could get any skin yet. I might try to network log an action when I buy a gim.

1 Like

the josh skin, sadly, was removed from the files.

1 Like

I ran a POST request to https://gimkit.com/api/cosmos/purchase-item
using the JSON code {"cosmeticId":"sticker_gimgulp"} and it ended up with 401 code, denied. I then put my headers in and it popped this 500 message up:

{
    "message": {
        "text": "You already own this item."
    }
}

So, I decided to change the item ID to something else, and it timed out on me.

I found it times out if I try to buy a Gim with not enough money by sending an API request.

In fact, it times out with every ID I try to put.

But, can you try to buy sticker_gimgulp with the API?

To do this:

1. Open Inspect Element >> Network
  2. Copy the Raw of your request headers.
  3. GO to https://reqbin.com/post-online
  4. Type what I did above, sending an API request to Gimkit.com/api/cosmos/purchase-item
  5. Use the cosmetic id gim_gulp using the JSON.
  6. Go to headers and paste everything in the headers tab of the tool.
  7. Remove the POST / GET part.
  8. Run the API request. I have a theory it would buy the item for you.

Update: I discovered in the source codes, character IDS I can try to buy.

3 Likes

Update: I ran a POST request to http://gimkit.com/api/cosmos/purchase-item again with {"cosmeticId":"character_taco"} and I guess there is a restriction that prevents me from buying the gim using an API:

{
    "message": {
        "text": "You do not have enough currency to purchase this item."
    }
}
1 Like

It probably checks your gimbucks server-side.

2 Likes

Oh yeah the account has to have gimbucks to attempt to make that POST request successfully.

2 Likes

Interestingly, I’m learning a lot how the internet works.
When you type something in the forum, it sends request.
And when I bought that gim, it sent a POST request telling the API that I wanted to get the gim.

2 Likes

I’ve become very familiar with the inspect element recently as I’ve been doing a Gimkit coding project.

2 Likes

A few notes-
The API is pretty fun to mess around with! You can’t do anything that you couldn’t do normally in gimkit though, and so it’s really only useful if want to download all your skins or something tedious.

Changing the trail-
Yeah this is possible, me and others have written mods to do it. It requires quite a bit of coding knowledge to do so though. It is possible to set your trail to any trail you want, however it won’t show up for anyone else if you do this.

Changing the skin-
This is also possible. You can set your skin to anything with mods, however, it won’t show up for other people. There is also code that can change your skin, only to something you own, and it will show up for other people.

I won’t be giving out the skin code, it can be used to bypass season ticket and that’s not something that anyone should be doing.

4 Likes

I mean, they deleted the Josh gim from the files, so i’m pretty sure you can’t get a deleted skin (if you did, your skin would be just black and purple squares)

Or it would return the code 404.

The skin simply fails to change.

1 Like

The josh skin was actually in the files at one point? I thought it was just a meme.

Yes- in fact, on April fools of 2023, everyone’s skin was set to it in game. It also appeared in the shop for 1,000,000 gimbucks.

5 Likes

Did anyone get it?

1 Like

Prob not. I don’t think anyone has that much.

2 Likes

My brain broke reading this guide

1 Like