Let's Develop Technical Gimkit Notation!

Do you have any thoughts on this?

1 Like

Let me reread, one minute.

2 Likes

Don’t do this, other it might close.
Meant to reply to Himthyjustgoated

1 Like

I like the idea, we also need a way to notate setting efficiently.

2 Likes

Probably taking advantage of the built-in categories.

1 Like

You could use ClicClac and my scientific names guide as a starting point.

1 Like

That sounds incredibly counter-productive. Nobody wants to memorize new names for every single device. It’s a good idea, but we want to make it easier, not harder.

1 Like

I like ClicClac’s names like triggerloop.

They are short and descriptive.

1 Like

I mean, sure. Could be shortened some more. What’s some sort of short character way to say loop?
><
<O>
()
<=>
hmmmm

1 Like

loop.

2 Likes

:exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head:

that takes too long to write. we gotta make it look cool

2 Likes

For devices, perhaps we can use ClicClac’s letter device format. Settings may need keywords instead of just a symbol or letter since there are so many of them.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s what I was thinking. At least, something like that. Maybe not the pictures though.

lp or infinity sign probably. For device settings simple just put ds.

2 Likes

I could probably help with the google drawing, but it would help if there is a way to make a table as a topic

1 Like

For wires, you could use → or for connection. And for channels, you could put c. —>. I don’t know what you think though @Shdwy. And for the others I guess we could use special characters to make it nerdy like chess notation.

2 Likes

(X) Kinda like an infinity sign.

The whole point is to avoid things that are annoying to type out (like special characters)

→ would work though. idk

@apoll02 :skull:
“X looks like an infinity sign”
idk lol
what about
(X)

What? Oh. Parenthesis aren’t exactly difficult though.

I mean, you could also use emojis?
:repeat: loop