Is there a way to make it so you can track where your enemies are (Resolved)

I tried to use a waypoint and blocks but I got confused. I want to make it so you know where your enemies are and they know where you are.

4 Likes

Pls help @bushenberg @Cameron_Sharer @Anythinger

2 Likes

Hey @Geoffrey.Nafeygmail! If you are seeking to track everyone on the enemy team, that will take a lot of memory, so I suggest you turn on Enemy Indicators and Ally Indicators, which show you who your allies are (arrow on head) and enemies (red name). You can find these in Map Options under Teams.

2 Likes

well I’m trying to figure out how to do a free for all but you can make alliances at anytime in the game with anyone so what I wanted to do was have the waypoint show the arrow pointing in each enemies direction and the max amoun :pensive:t of players i’ve ever played a game with was 5 players when me and my friends used to played the 2d modes togethor

2 Likes

@Anythinger you there

2 Likes

@Blackhole927 Little help?

2 Likes

@Zypheir i really need this

2 Likes

bro just turn on ally and enemy indicators bcoz trying to find out how to do what youre trying to do is time consuming

2 Likes

Making waypoints specific to individual players would require using quite a few blocks (and would require the players to spend a while instructing the game on which players they want to track) - if you want to track all players, though, you can try to use a system like this:

This is just a basic method for automatically tracking all players, but you’ll notice that it labels all players ‘Player’ and doesn’t differentiate between allies and enemies - because waypoints aren’t compatible with blocks, I don’t know of a way to change that (although you could use team switchers to allow players to choose between teams and then change some things about activation scope to only show players on the other team), but you can use the allied and enemy indicators to show that once the players are on-screen.

If you do want to use team-based indicators:

I haven’t tested all of this, so I’m not sure how well it works, but the idea is as follows: when a player presses a button to switch teams, all the players on the other team (ideally there are only two teams to reduce the need for additional relays) receive a message through the relay that activates the waypoint. Waypoints still don’t specify the names of players (because that’s something that can only be done through the use of blocks), but at least they won’t mislead players by showing the location of allied players (as well as all of the enemy players).

There are a lot of other things that may need changing (like an additional lifecycle device that can be used to account for any players that show up mid-game), but it’s probably best if you figure out any relevant issues through trial and error before attempting to solve those problems - but if you have any problems that you’re not sure how to solve, feel free to ask!

5 Likes

the enemy indicator just tells you that there enemies.

2 Likes

Have you ever played capture the flag gimkit?

3 Likes

Thanks @Zyphier. That was SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO helpful.

4 Likes

yeah it didn’t work @Zypheir but its a start. If you find time could u see if u can figure it out? it would mean alot.

2 Likes

Sure! I think there are just some problems that don’t have a readily available solution, but if I think of any I’ll let you know.

5 Likes

YES!!! I sorta got it working

3 Likes

It works one way though

2 Likes

I need it to work both ways

2 Likes

but still tell me if you think of anything

2 Likes

uh i tried a screenrecording but it doesn’t allow

2 Likes

i’ll send you some pics to show you